Karate Kid
#1 Son has started taking Karate lessons. He has taken three so far and is loving it. I took the twins to watch class yesterday. Middle Child that it was too loud and spent most of the 45 minutes with his hands over his ears. Little Girl that it was awesome and was ready to go kick some butt.
I'd love to have all three of them in class but it would just be too much money right now. #1 Son has never really had a class or group that he was interested in before. It worked out well that Mr. Husband and I both agreed that this would be good for #1.
#1 Son is doing well in reading and math but he is really struggling in reading. There is a writing test that he is supposed to pass or he will not be allowed to pass to third grade. His teacher agrees that another year in second grade wouldn't help. She thinks that he has ADD/ADHD.
This is not the first year that we have had the ADD/ADHD discussion with a teacher. This is the first year where he is in danger of not passing and we had the ADD/ADHD talk.
I go back and forth on the entire thing. I really don't think that he has it. I also know many parents who are in denial. It's just hard to believe when he is sitting on my bed as I write this. He's sitting there with his brother on one side of him and his sister on the other. He's reading them a story. This was his idea.
He definitely has a lot of energy. Karate will be a good thing. It just might not be enough.
***He will probably fail the standards for writing for second grade. Writing must be passed for promotion to third grade in our district. IF he does not meet the standard, he could get promoted by the principal if the principal says that it would not benefit him to repeat the grade. This is probably what will happen because he is above level is reading and on level in other areas.
1 comment:
WELCOME BACK!!!
Post a Comment