Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Oh Fate...you're so silly

As team leader for Kindergarten, one of my responsibilities is to plan the field trips for the year. I worked with my team and we choose two. One for the first half of the year and one for the second half of the year. Around this same time I received an email about applying for a grant for field trips. The paperwork part was easy and I based it on my second planned field trip. I'm so cool.

I then found out that our request for the second field trip was denied because of date conflicts or something like that. I talked to my team about it and we decided that we would deal with it later and try to do something closer to school like visit the fire station or something. Bummer but no biggie overall.

Then everything was quickly forgotten.

Occasional a thought would pass through my head to the tune of, "I gotta figure out that field trip thingy." but this was usually followed by someone knocking on the bathroom door and the thought was lost again.

I was eating dinner tonight and saw that Mr. Husband had fetched the mail. There was a letter for me from Target. Now I love Target and assumed that it was some new coupons. Nope. It's the grant. The grant I wrote for the field trip. That field trip that was denied and then forgotten about. The grant paying for the entire trip for not just my class but for all of the Kindergarten students at my school.

I hope we can figure something out. Like how to be able to go on the trip and accept the grant. That would be cool.

I looked on-line and there are still tickets available for the field trip. Now I just have to figure out how to get us there. Anyone know how much it cost to charter a private bus?

No comments: