Friday, February 08, 2008

My first gray

Middle Child is on the mend. The meds seem to be making a big difference right away. The redness is gone above and under his eye. There is some redness still down his check but it is much more faded and you may not even notice it if you weren't looking for it. There is a scratch on his face where the line had been. You could only see it after he started taking the meds. We still own the cat and the boy still plays with her and loves her very much.

I know that it is not a coincidence that the next morning I found my first gray hair. I've been expecting them to arrive and have long said that MC would be the one to give them to me. Even #1 Son with his arm didn't worry me as much as this last one did.

I'm fine with the whole idea of having grays. It was just really hard to find one. One my head. Growing there. Staring at me. And it wasn't actually gray. It was white. WHITE.

2 comments:

BetteJo said...

Wow, from the cat!
I have taken to cleaning any scratches I get from my hoard - after all the flesh eating bacteria stuff was so in the news a few (or more) years back.
But doggone it you can't put peroxide on it if you don't even know it's there!
Cats are sneaky. :)

burnurcomputer said...

OMG, mine are white too! Where is the recessive gene that we have that gives us white hair?!?!?!? Guess who else has some random greys......Michael P! Lol! Hes the one giving me grey hair, but I guess that I'm giving them back to him :) And yes, you did say that about MC :) I love your crazy kiddos!