And banana bread to top it off
I've been trying hard to live up to the Year of Supermom. Mr. Husband and I talked about the fact that he needs to work a few extra hours so he doesn't fall behind on work. I told him that this isn't a big deal, especially if I know ahead of time so I can plan.
I've been trying to make a meal plan on the weekend. I'm not so dedicated to it that it is set up by day but I will plan out five meals and make sure that I have the ingredients to make them. That way I only have to pick which meal I want to make and whip it together. Tonight was salisbury steaks, mash potatoes and broccoli. Of course it was turkey burgers, with chicken gravy, instant mash and microwaved broc. None of it took very long but the kids had a good hot meal.
While I was making this, I was helping #1 son with his homework, talking of the phone with my mother and directing the twinnies on cleaning their rooms. The homework is complete, my mom and I both had to go and the rooms are almost clean.
I was feeling pretty good about all of this. Dinner was over and I was doing the dishes. I decided to make banana bread because our bananas need to either be baked or pitched and we have left over buttermilk in the fridge and what in the heck are we going to do with that. I mixed it up and was doing pretty well until I got to the second to last ingredient, Baking soda. We have none. I was ready to cry.
It amazed me that such a small thing could tip me over the edge. I'm usually a very resilient person. I can bounce back from most things but that just knocked me over. I pulled myself together quickly and went to two of my neighbors, neither of which had baking soda. Lucky for me Mr. Husband came home just as this was all happening and checked with Google. I was ready to have a fit and throw the whole batter away but the day was saved.
I just took four loaves of banana bread out of the oven. I'm hoping they taste good but I'll try to remember how wonderful they smell. Just in case.
Hopefully the next five minutes will go by quickly. That is the amount of time they need to cool before I can take them out of their pans. I'm having problems keeping my left eye open from being so tired. It's had to be Supermom when you have only one eye open but I would look cool with an eye patch.
1 comment:
I think I WOULD have cried if it was FOUR loaves! One I could deal with, two would upset me, but FOUR? Totally justified!
I imagine they smelled like heaven!
Post a Comment