Friday, February 15, 2008

Tainted Lollipops in my classroom

I had a conference with a parent this morning. One thing that we talked about was a lollipop that her son had brought home from school. A lollipop had black flecks in it. I told her that I would write a letter to the parents in my classroom. She told me that she would tell the principal. I went about my day.

The school sent a letter home about lollipops. I didn't send a letter because the school had already written one.

I get a phone call from the school district tonight. I received the call because #1 Son goes to school in the same district that I teach in. The message mentioned the fact that lollipops were being found to have metal in them. The message said that the candy had been found in surrounding counties but did not mention being found at a school in our district.

That's weird!? I know that I saw one this morning. It was in my classroom.

No comments: