Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Middle Child has a mystery illness

Middle child was at the doctor today. He has some kind of weird thing going on with his handsome face. It started as a line of red and has grown from there. He will be on some strong antibiotics for the next ten days. Hopefully this mystery illness will clear up as fast as it has shown up.

I'm trying to act all brave about it but I'm really scared. I hate that I have no idea and even more that the doctor has no idea either. There is a really strong case of staph infection going around and they are going to treat this the same way that they would treat that. Just in case.

I'm trying to take comfort in the fact that he doesn't even seem to be bothered by it. He's more annoyed that we keep staring at his face and asking how he is.

Blurry picture from this weekend. No marks on face.



Not blurry picture of his face last night before bed. Just happy to get to stay up late and watch TV.



Watching Curious George today. Frustrated that Mom keeps sticking a camera in his face. You know, I just want to be able to compare if it's getting worse or not. NOT so I can show pictures on the blog so I have something interesting to write about.

2 comments:

BetteJo said...

I agree, very handsome face! I guess you follow the doctor's instructions and you own instincts. Give him the meds and watch him. You may not get much sleep but those staph infections can be so nasty. Hopefully it will turn out to be an allergic reaction to something bizarre that you can laugh about later. Here's hoping...!

Heather Van Uxem-Lewis said...

Oh, my little boy!! Please let me know what happens...