Saturday, November 03, 2007

Not much to say

I like to talk. I like to talk about myself. Some people I talk too know many things about me. Mostly embarrassing things. Other's know almost knowing but seem to think that they know much.

Lately, I've not had much to say.

I only have 13 kids in my room. One of them said that they are moving and have missed the last two days of school, so it's probably on 12 now.

My kids are really great. Some of them are low and struggling in the ways of school but they are all pretty sweet kids. It's a great class to have. But it is not without it's struggles.

A few families from my class are going through a really rough time. Needing basic things like shoes, toilet paper or a place to live.

I'm trying to help them but it's overwhelming. It's crushing in many ways.

I want to do so much to make things better for them but it's just not possible. The biggest thing I will probably be able to do is show them that other people care about them and teach my own children to care for other people.

This will be one of the hardest years as a teacher. Probably the most rewarding as well.

1 comment:

burnurcomputer said...

I have nothing super insightful to say or really worth any thing as far as that comment goes. But I will say that we were raised to be aware of others needs and to do what is in our power to help them. Sometimes it is so hard for us because we would give the shirt off our backs if we needed too. Wouldn't it be so much easier if we were "rich"?1?!?!? Much Love and I'm goin gto be calling you now :)