quick update
-doctor's appt. I lost one pound this week. Nothing impressive but the doctor came in and shook my hand. She said that was great with my not having appetite suppressants and menstruating. I told her how I had gained on the new plan and was no longer in ketosis. How I switched myself back to the old eating plan and started losing. She agrees with me and I'm back to my week one plan.
-work. We were supposed to lose five teachers based on our numbers. The principal went in and fought for us and they took pity with all of the changes that we are trying to make. we are only going to lose one teacher. it will be at second grade so it will have a minimal effect of me. I'm sorry for the teacher that has to go but I'm so glad that my teaching partner gets to stay. This also means that I only have 13 kids in my class. I hope that it stays small like that for some time. It does mean that I will get every kid that is new to first grade but hopefully since things are going so well, any new kid will be easily assimilated into our routines and procedures. I stopped at the store on the way home today and got potting soil, seeds, planters and worms. We are going to start a science unit on soil. I did this unit my last year in Seattle and the kids liked it. (If you are a second grade teacher from my old district and you happen to be reading this. Scan a copy of the student hand outs and e-mail it to me from that science kit. That would help me out big time. You know who you are.)
-home. Mr. Husband still has a job. They sent him home early today again but at least he is still getting to go. He is spending the time that he is sent home on searching for a new job. #1 son is still loving first grade. His teacher wrote a little note in his planner about practicing the words that she sent home. I'm trying not to get mad about the little note. Hopefully she wrote it in everyones planner. I'm sure that I'm just being over sensitive. Right? Little Girl and Middle Child are talking up a storm. They seem to have adjusted well to the change in routine. They now spend all day with Nana and #1 is gone because he's at school. The twinnies seem to be fine with this and seem to be enjoying their twin time together.
-my butt. I have to start eating fiber. I had a poop at work today and I think that I hurt myself. Scratch that. I know that I hurt myself. But it just had to come out and I'm glad that I didn't pop a vein in my head from the pushing. Seriously, you wanted to know this.
-random advice to strangers in a store. While I was at the store, there was a chubby couple looking at weight lose products. I noticed that they were looking at Alli (or however it is spelled) and had to share the story of my friend who tried it for a few days and that friends experience with anal leakage. Which is totally awesome that I can talk to strangers about anal leakage and keep a straight face especially when you consider the fact that my three kids were there and they were running around loose and they were playing with the worms that we were going to buy and the worms say that they are Canadian worms and #1 son was making them sing, "Oh Canada" but he doesn't know the words. Or the tune. but it was funny and I kept a straight face. The best part was that they seemed to appreciate the advice.
-spelling mistakes. I know that there are a lot of mistakes in this post. I tried to fix them but spell check couldn't even guess and I'm done trying to figure it out. Just live with it. You know what I'm trying to type.
4 comments:
I'll do one better and send you everything in the mail, teacher book and all!
you so totally rock!!!!!
I love you manyella!!!
1. Great to get the update
2. Use the Alli story as often as possible. It is AWESOME!!!
Post a Comment