The black is creeping back in
The past three months have been wonderful. Probably the best of my adult life. I've had time to really relax and enjoy my family. I was happy about teaching first grade. I had two extra weeks of vacation. Mr. Husband has a job.
Things are starting to fall apart.
I am back to work and it is a totally different experience than last year but I am feeling the stress right now. Our enrollment was supposed to go up. It was supposed to increase by over 100 students. The kids just haven't shown up. We are going to lose five teachers. One at each grade level. The teacher next door that has always wanted to be a teacher, she will go. She will still have a job in the district just not at my school.
I have enjoyed working with her for the last few weeks. It's been nice to mentor a new teacher and reevaulate the good things about this job. To have someone to work with and laugh with again. I'm going to lose that.
We are going to lose a teacher at each of our grade levels. It's a big blow to the school. You try to shrug it off and just say that it's part of the job but it's still hard. You work hard at creating a community and now a lot of really great people are going to leave.
On top of this Mr. Husband will probably be loseing his job as well. He has been temping at a local mortgage company. The idea was that it was temp to hire and the day that they were to sign the full time paper work, they started a hiring freeze. The whole mortgage industry is not doing well and we are feeling it. He has been sent home early the last four days of work. They fired four more temp workers today. He is now one of only three temps left. It's so hard when he walks in the door. Never wanting to ask how the day was but needing to know if he's going in tomorrow.
Mr. Husband has made so many positive changes in himself since he works there and it's scary to imagine that some of those things could go away. It's very stressful.
To top it all off, I've gained three pounds according to my scale at home. I'm not sure how this is possible but I have. It's making me crazy. I'm not taking the appetite suppressants but I'm still eating according to the meal plan and I'm up three pounds. This doesn't help things at all. It's hard to stay motivated when you are doing everything that you are supposed to be doing and it's really not working.
I'm trying to let the stress go and relax when I can. I'm trying to enjoy the kids and find joy in my work. Most of the time I am succeeding but it is very difficult right now. So very difficult.
3 comments:
Listen up Matey, It's Party Time!!!
I know things seem to be spiraling down here but, BIG BUT HERE; this is a speed bump in the road.
When work sucks but home is good, everything is not so bad.
When home sucks but work is good,
everything is not so bad.
When both home and work suck,
Everything seems bad.
You are finally taking time to focus on YOU. To respect yourself, Body, mind, and soul. Enough to take the time and make the effort to get healthy, happy, and fit.
DO NOT let this sideline you into throwing in the towel. Now is the time to really focus on you. Ratchet up the game. Get on the treadmill, power walk, sing in the car at the top of your lungs. Put some fun music on at home and dance with the kiddo's. Pretend you are Happy and you'll start to be happy. The weight gain could easily be related to stress. Destress. You do not have any control over the things going on at work or with the mortgage industry but you do have control over how you are going to react. Remember every day, every hour, every minute, you have the choice about how you will react. You go girl. I know you can do it and if you need help, it is only a phone call away. Call 1-800-not-my-problem. Sorry,I mean 1-800-we-care =)
This totally sucks. There. Someone is wallowing with you. Let's both get good and muddy. Done? Fabulous. I feel better too. Sometimes you have to feel sorry, so you can pick yourself up by the bootstraps.
Get back on your water. I'm not a long time reader, but I am a long time weight loss wannabe. And I know that if my schedule changes, or my structure I forget to bring the water along with me. So, get ye some water on your desk at school.
Keep this post forever. When I need a pep talk I wanna call the archer! Catherine's right too, don't forget your water. Sending you hugs!
Remember that time when Bentley caught on fire when we were at dinner? I was thinking about that b/c they totally remodeled it again.
Love to you and the fam! I'll have shot of Stoli at Al's for Mr. Husband...
Post a Comment