So freak'in excited
In only a few days one of my bestest friends and I are going to be in the same town and we are going to get to spend time with each other.
Have I ever told you the totally awesome way that we became friends? No, well here's your chance.
One day, long ago in the Emerald City. (Seattle is actually the Emerald City, I shit you not.) I was working in a little school. There was another teacher there but we never really saw each other because although we were at the same school we had different schedules and stuff and we didn't talk. I'm not sure how this happened because now that I think of it we must have had meetings together and stuff but you know how it is when you always sit at the same place and don't sit anywhere else. It was probably like that. Well we didn't really know each other real well. Like I knew her name and stuff but not much more.
Then one day this other teacher was checking to make sure that she had in fact just locked her classroom door because the kids steal stuff you know, anyway, she was checking the door and the key was on the lanyard around her neck and she pulled on the knob but it really wasn't closed and it hit her in the head so hard that she had a concussion.
Now if you are at a school and you get hurt, you go to the nurses office. Duh. Just like the kids. I was walking past the nurses office and saw a teacher in there. You may be wondering how I had so much free time. I wonder the same thing but fate works that way see. And I asked her if she needed help and she said, "Yes." So I drove her to her house so that we could pick up her babies Daddy (because babies Daddy sounds so much better than ex-husband) so that we could take him back to the school so that he could drive her to the emergency room. See they were really cool like me at the time and had only one car and it was parked at the school because that's how she got to work and stuff and whoever thinks that maybe I shouldn't drive today because I might give myself a concussion in a really cool fashion? So back to the school we went and then off to the emergency room they went. (Hmmm...I wonder if for some reason my car was there or if I actually drove her car because why would I have had the car. That's really weird. Hmm.... anyhow)
It turns out that she also had a son that just happened to be the same age as my son. They are actually six days apart. (See her son came a little early and we ripped mine out of my uterus because he would never have been born on his own because that's just how my kids are but really I guess that he was just waiting for his friend but you can't argue with a c-section especially when you are just a little baby there was no way that I wanted to be pregnant any longer than I was because 41 weeks is enough already. ) Now her son was at daycare and she didn't know if they would have time to get him before the daycare closed because I don't know if you know this already but emergency rooms can take a really long time. I didn't know that either because I never have to wait long, lots of blood and cuts down to the bone seem to get people moving but injuring your brain, nothing big.
So I picked up her son from daycare which is a little crazy when you think of it because I didn't even really know what the kid looked like or anything and we didn't really know each other at the time but that's cool. And then I got my son from day care and they have been bestest friends ever since and I have been friends with this crazy woman ever since.
At first we were just like friends, which was neat because I'm very guarded and don't really make friends but once someone gives themselves a concussion with a door, it's all cool but our friendship has grown and grown and she is as close to me as a sister. I'd even have her move in and she could be mine and Mr. Husband's wife and take care of the kids and Mr. Husband and I would go to work and she could like change the diapers, cook food and do the laundry and stuff but she wouldn't get to sleep with us because I don't roll like that. (No share Mr. Husband.) I've even tried to talk her into a few times and she's always like, No, which is totally crazy because who would want to give up an offer like that? I know. I'm that awesome. You are all so jealous. Admit it.
But then I moved from the most wonderful city in the world to live in the South and we all know that I love the South. (Hey Blue: I know that not all Southerners are crazy and stuff. Some are really cool. Some. But mostly just the people that have moved to the South from other places. *grin*) So I haven't seen my friend in a year now and that just sucks. BUT in a few days I will get to see her and her wonderful son, who really is just one of my son's but to other parents and is part of my older set of twins.
I'm really looking forward to going out in public with her and the kids and having my kids call her Heather Mommy because that's what they call her and everyone will look at us funny because they think that my kids have two mommies. HA!(Actually I don't like when other people look at me which I know is strange because I wear pajamas everywhere that I can.)
So I'm sure that you call tell that I'm very excited about all of this and I'm even rambling in my side rambles. I'm just so freak'in excited.
To Heather Mommy:Pack light. I mean like really light. Bring a bathing suit because although it's too cold to swim here for me, it'll be way hot to you. :) and remember that Little Boy doesn't even need clothing because #1 son and he are the same size and stuff. So really all you need is a swimming suit and that's it. :)
3 comments:
I am so excited for you! I hope you and the gang have a ton of fun. To anyone that was at Danielle's wedding: could we hear roller coaster riders screaming? I can't remember...
So anyway, it sux when you have to hunt your friends down via their blog, but I guess that's how it goes sometimes. And then, me, being one of the "native" Southerners, finds out that the only cool Southerners are from other places. You can't label us all, you love me!!!! Hope you're having fun. My baby has decided to have sooo many problems that we have spent the entire month of June in the ER, in surgery, and hoepitalized. We're ever here now. Dang 3 month old. Already high maintenance!!! Miss you. Jen
Hey it's fine! You don't like the south....MOVE! Seriously, pack your shit and get out! I've been reading this and you just bitch bitch bitch. Go back to your old city place.
BTW, those of us from the south, we don't like you either. And we don't care how you did back home!
Post a Comment