Nap time times five
My whole family took a nap this afternoon. Mr. Husband, #1 son, Middle Child, Little Girl and myself. All sleeping at the same time. In the middle of the day. It was glorious. The only part that sucked was when the kids woke up way before I was ready too.
We went to my Mother-in-laws house and swam in her clear blue pool. It's so much easier to take three kids who do not know how to swim to a pool when there are three adults in the water with them. At one point I was even able to swim. By myself. With no children around my neck in a death grip. Really. I was under the water with goggles and and it was great. I proved again how very out of shape I am but I did it.
Tomorrow I really have to pack our bags. Or at least clean the clothing that I'm going to take and find a suitcase. I did sit down with all three of the kids and talk about the trip. Like how we act when we are standing in line to get the tickets and how we act at security and how you may have to take off your shoes at security but they will give them back. This lead to a conversation that I was trying to avoid, why we don't talk about guns or bombs at the airport. I didn't want to bring it up because they already do not talk about it so why give them the idea but of course #1 remembers everything that has ever happened to him like the time when he was much younger and started asking about bombs while we were at the airport and I had to tackle him and duct tape his mouth remind him that it scares people to talk about stuff like that. And then he said something about like when people get scared when you talk about airplanes crashing into buildings like those two really big ones when I was a baby. I love to travel with children.
I'm sure that it will be fine. At least it will be a lot shorter. The flight is only 2 1/2 hours and it used to take 8 hours of travel or more. This is going to be nothing. I hope.
2 comments:
Have a safe and happy flight. We'll be joining you very soon.
I can't wait to see you!!!!! Mr. Husband is very excited also!!!! I can't wait to see Madame Dragonfly and her Little Boy!!! Do you want to all camp in the back yard???? One of our tents is really 3 tents connected together so you can unip them and see the whole way across. The other tent was given to us by one of Mr. Husbands coworkers. We can have a camping village!!! Yeah!!! I can't wait to go back to Hersheypark- we were there on Thursday and the new Boardwalk park is smokin'. Don't forget to pack your swimsuits!!! We can swin after the kids have gone to bed!!! Do you remember the last time we did that? All the falling stars and how I only saw about 2?? I was miffed....hehe!
Post a Comment