Saturday, June 09, 2007

I boarded the vampire bus

I gave blood today. The blood mobile was parked at the movie theater today and I was able to go this evening. I was really excited but very nervous. I haven't given blood since college and the last time I did, it really, really hurt bad the whole time.

It took longer to find a good vein than it did to actually give a pint. I filled my bag in four minutes. I also squirted blood on my shirt, pants and the donation chair. I wouldn't stop bleeding and it took a few minutes to stop. The put the bandaid on and even wrapped sticky gauze around it to put extra pressure.

My good deed was rewarded with two t-shirts (one was for Mr. Husband because I wore his shirt to donate), a BOGO to a local water park, a snack and drink, a sticker saying I donated and a free pass to the movies. It was cool to be rewarded but I did it because I wanted to. Not because of the free stuff. I also can call in 72 hours and they will tell me what my cholesterol is. I'm kinda scared to know that one.

Overall it was a good day. Mr. Husband had to work this morning and I scrubbed my bathroom while he was gone. It was a big job. Gross! We met Mr. Husband at a local restaurant for lunch and before Mr. Husband even made it there, Middle Child vomited on me. This is the second time this kid has thrown up on me at this restaurant. He then feel asleep in my arms. I ate my food and he slept on the booth seat behind Little Girl. I didn't want to get my salad all over his head. He seemed fine after his nap. I still don't know why he got sick.

I'm in my fourth outfit for the day because of the cleaning, vomiting and bleeding. Now just to put on my pajamas. The rest of the laundry can wait till tomorrow.

2 comments:

-tracie. said...

Remember when it took me too long to donate and I cried? I was so glad you were there that day. Your blog makes me giggle. =) My love says hi!

burnurcomputer said...

I want to donate too, but I missed to pleasent view one and I think that I will donate soon at the one at the plaza. I can go to the buffet afterwards with my free pass, but I normally donate when they send me something in the mail or its held at somwwhere that I have worked. I don't think that they are going to come to my house for that !!!! I hate to donate blood because I can feel the needle in my veins and it hurts the whole time. I want to smack them when they say" Don't forget to squeeze!" It hurts like hell for me to do so and I don't want to squeeze!!!! But I do and it still takes me forever to fill the bag. I start off well then it all goes down hill. And I hate the prick your finger thing bcause I always float and then they have to come back and tell me that they need more and they have to spin it. I wish that they had noes that say---- always floats, iron levels good just let her donate for petes sake!!!!!!! I am A- and I think that you are A+, is that correct? I am so damn tired for no good reason and i'm going to go to berd very early tonight!!!