Thursday, June 07, 2007

300th post in 300 things

1. This is my 300th post.
2. I missed my blogoversary.
3. That means that I've been writing for a year.
4. 300 posts in 360 some days is not too bad.
5.I woke up this morning wanting to spend the rest of the day in bed.
6. The children will not let me do this.
7. They are insisting that we do something other than watch TV.
8.I don't think that this is fair.
9.Any other day they BEG to watch the thing.
10. Now that I need some time to myself, they shun the thing.
11. Middle Child is obsessed with Hotwheels.
12. I've said before that this is not a shock.
13. He has a penis. Therefore he loves little cars.
14. #1 just came in the room and told me that it's a good idea to go swimming right now.
15. His reason was that the sun is out.
16. This is better than when we went to go swimming yesterday.
17. There was a big thunderstorm.
18. New lesson learned. Look outside before you spend 30 minutes putting kids in their suits and life vests.
19. I hate swimming during the day because then I have to worry about sun block.
20. My kids have never had a sun burn.
21. I don't want them to have one and feel that it's my job to make sure that they don't.
22. I really don't want to be responsible today.
23. I know that I have too because I'm the mom.
24. I want to spend the day in bed and be sad and read Harry Potter.
25. I don't consider this part of my depression.
26. I think that we all deserve to be sad and stay in bed, every now and then.
27. Mr. Husband came home from work early yesterday.
28. He will still have enough overtime to max out his hours.
29. He made dinner.
30. The kids were really well behaved.
31. We had a great time and I could see how much he missed that.
32. I sit down with my kids to share at least one meal a day.
33. During the summer it's usually three meals a day and a snack.
34. I can't comprehend not meeting with your family at least once a day.
35. I want to have a large family.
36. I do not consider a family large until there are at least four children.
37. I would like to have 6 or 7.
38. That's never going to happen.
39. Mr. Husband has agreed to one more pregnancy.
40. Maybe I'll be lucky and have triplets.
41. I am losing faith that we will ever have that other pregnancy.
42. I am in mourning for the child that we will not have.
43. I know that this is a silly idea but I still feel that way.
44. I have not been taking care of myself.
45. I have gained 30 pounds in the last year.
46. My carpal tunnel is so bad that my right arm hurts past my elbow.
47. I don't wear my arm braces to sleep even though I know that it will help.
48. I don't exercise even though I know that I will lose weight.
49. I want to eat cookies and potato chips with dip.
50. I just don't look in the mirror below my neck.
51. I just took the kids to the pool and we are back now.
52. I know that I look like a whale but I still take them.
52. I try to act like I don't know.
53. I don't want my kids to be obsessed with their weight.
54. All three of the kids are now in the room with me.
55. I'm trying to get them to go clean their rooms.
56. It's not really working.
57. They are acting like they can't hear me.
58. I just told them that I will not make lunch until they clean their rooms.
59. #1 son is now complaining about food.
60. He is very good at complaining.
61. I'm not sure where he got that skill at.
62. I really want to take them out for fast food.
63. I want to have some myself.
64. I'm also too lazy to want to make something that is healthy.
65. The cat in hiding in my room as well.
66. She has they new habit of biting my hair.
67. She only does it when it is in a ponytail and I am sitting on they couch.
68. It really weirds me out when she does this.
69.I want to eat cookies.
70. I wish that they had a magic pill to make you have a healthy weight.
71. I would take it everyday.
72. I said that I would be writing about politics and religion this week.
73. I'm scared to do it.
74. I don't want people to know because I don't want them to be mad at me.
75. I'm trying to be brave enough to do it anyway.
76. I'll start later.
77. I'm slowly going blind.
78. I've known this for several years but haven't shared this with many people.
79. I don't know if I have even told my family.
80. I don't know if I've written that here before.
81. I can help slow the progression of my eye damage by wearing sun glasses with 100% UVA and UVB protection every time I'm in the sun or in bright light.
82. I do a terrible job of this.
83. I'm getting better but it's still hard.
84. The doctor told me that I could be blind by the time I'm 50 if I don't take care of myself.
85. I'll be 30 this year.
86. 50's not starting to look that far away.
87. I don't want to go blind.
88. I'll be horrible at it.
89. I'll bump into stuff all of the time.
90. That would suck.
91. I'm still not good about wearing my sunglasses.
92. I have two pair that have both UVA and UVB protection.
93. One has REALLY big lenses and fat arms that block the sides.
94. The other pair are Iron Man that wrap around the front.
95. They look really cool to me but seem really dorky on me.
96. My students say they are hater blockers.
97. I do not like wearing sunglasses where other people can see your eyes.
98. I like to hide behind the reflective surface.
99. It bothers me when other people where glasses like that and don't take them off when you are talking to them.
100. I don't want to see myself when I'm talking to you.
101. I've noticed differences in my sight in the last year.
102. I don't think that the current place that I am living helps with this problem.
103. It's always freakin' sunny here.
104. It's so bright that it was even bright during the thunderstorm last night.
105. I don't like it being sunny all of the time.
106. I miss Seattle for many reason but one of them is the fact that you don't see the sun for half of the year.
107. My eyes get tired when I'm outside.
108. Everything is so bright.
109. I don't take care of myself the way I should.
110. I want to be healthy without doing any of the work to do it.
111.I'm one of the only adults on the planet that get at least the recommended amount of sleep.
112. I need at least 9 hours of sleep a day to function.
113. During the summer I average between 10 and 11.
114. Even with that I'm sometimes tired.
115. I know that exercise would help this but I've already written about that.
116. I wish that marijuana was legal.
117. I don't know why alcohol is and marijuana isn't.
118. I don't smoke it because Mr. Husband doesn't.
119. I sometimes wish that he did.
120. I also wish that he would clean up around the house.
121. Since he started working, he stopped cleaning.
122. He would be angry and deny this if it read it.
123. The place is a wreck.
124. It wouldn't be condemned.
125. The living room, dinning area, and kids rooms are clean.
126. The kitchen is not too far away from clean.
127. The kids bathroom needs to be organized.
128. My bedroom is full of little pathways leading to the bathroom, door, closet and bed.
129. There is a lot of junk in here.
130. It is always the last room that gets cleaned.
131. Therefore, it is almost never clean.
132. I love when it is clean but can't seem to keep it that way.
134. My bathroom is a wreck right now.
135. I need to scrub the shower but have no want to do it.
136. Mr. Husband doesn't even notice.
137. I sometimes wonder how clean other people's house really are.
138. Do most people really have clean houses?
139. Do most people only clean up when they know that someone is coming over?
140. Our biggest problem is that we have too much stuff.
141. I usually have the least amount of stuff but even I have way too much right now.
142. I don't have the mental energy to do it.
143. I am going to go take a nap now.
144. I'm back. To you that was no time but to me that was two hours. Oh the power of the Internet.
145. My toilet runs.
146. I hate having to jiggle the handle to make it stop.
147. I hate paying for water even more.
148. I'm tired of people complaining about how much a gallon of gas costs.
149. I complain about how much a gallon of milk costs.
150. It's just over $4.00 a gallon.
151. Seriously.
152. This wouldn't be a big deal but the small ones here drink at least 10 gallons of that stuff a week.
153. I'm growing my hair to donate it and I want to chop it all off.
154. It has to be 10 inches at it's longest section to donate.
155. I'm trying to find a ruler around here to see if it's 10 inches yet.
156. It's as long as an unsharpened pencil.
157. That's not long enough yet.
158. I am extremely liberal when it comes to politics.
159. Like crazy liberal by Southern standards.
160. I make not apologies for this.
161. I do enjoy talking about political matters with people who are not liberal.
162. I only enjoy this if we talk about issues and what party you are on.
163. I've found that the most hard line republicans and I agree on social issue and environmental issues.
164. We just think that they should be implemented different ways.
165. I think that the current version of the Elementary and Secondary Education Act is majorly messed up.
166. You have heard it called No Child Left Behind but that is just the little name that they called the reauthorization of the act.
167. I agree with all children meeting standards, higher standards for teachers themselves and I do agree that there needs to be a standardized way to measure it.
168. I do not agree with the way that schools are being punished because they are not meet these standards.
169. I do not agree with the way that many states are lower the standards so more schools will pass.
170. There are many ways to determine if a child is making Adequate Yearly Progress.
171. I also believe that there should be a universal system on health care in this country.
172. I do not believe that I should be paying almost $800 a month to have my family covered.
173. It's also not the highest level of coverage.
174. That would have cost twice as much.
175. I still hesitate to go to the doctor for myself because of the $30 copay.
176. It is criminal to me that there are people in this country that do not receive care until it is emergency care.
177. It is criminal to me that people must decide between taking their medicine and paying basic bills or even having food.
178. I am saddened by our current culture.
179. We are obsessed with youth but not real youth, pretend youth.
180. I do not blame this on Hollywood or models.
181. If people did not buy their products, we wouldn't see those images.
182. We obsess about our weight not because of health matters but because of looks.
183. We obsess about how many wrinkles we have and discard anyone who has them.
184. We do not care for the oldest members of our society. Leaving them to fend for themselves at the very time we should be embracing them, caring for them and listening to their experiences.
185. We push the youngest members of our society to be faster, smarter or better when they really need to spend time just playing and being loved.
186. We talk about family values but live in a society where the norm is to have both parents pushed out of the house because of making a meager income.
187. I know that it can be done with one salary alone but I also know that the basic cost of living in many parts of this country do not allow it.
189. Kids do not need massive amounts of toys, swimming pools or cable TV.
190. Kids not need to video games or fancy shoes with wheels in them.
191. 19% of children, in the United State, were living below the poverty level.
192. That is just here. In this United States.
193. Many people do not experience to the extreme of either living it or actually being touched by it.
194. I work at a school where the percentage of students receiving free lunch is 89%.
195. It is a stark difference from my last school where 16 students were receiving free/reduced lunch.
196. We need to stop blaming immigrants for coming into this country when they are doing jobs that we are unwilling to do or unwilling to do for the pay and we need to come up with a legal and safe way to allow these people to work.
197. I've been working on this post since before 9:00 and I have no idea when I will get to finish because of all of the interruptions from little people wanting me to care for them.
198. It would be easier if I just sat down to write all of this but that isn't going to happen.
199. A storm is rolling in as the Weather Chanel has promised.
200. It's good that we went swimming this morning.
201. I have no idea what we are going to have for dinner tonight.
202. I will make it here and not buy something but I really want Mc Donalds.
203. I've been thinking about religion a lot lately.
204. It's an intensely personal thing for me.
205. I don't know what I believe.
206. Like I believe that there is a God.
207. But that's where the whole belief things falls apart.
208. I really don't know after that.
209. I think that their is God in all things around us.
210. In the tress, the animals and the people.
211. I do not consider myself a witch or feel that I have any more control over nature than the next person.
212. I do consider Earth to be the Mother of us all.
213. I think that Earth is our Mother like like God is our Mother.
214. I think that God is our Father as well.
215. I try to teach the kids about the world around them
216. To love other people and care for them.
217. To be stewards of the Earth.
218. In this way I am teaching them religion.
219. We talk often about what other people believe and why and try to do it without passing judgement on others.
220. I don't really know more past that.
221. I often wear a pentagram.
222. I do not feel that it is a religious symbol for me.
223. It is a lucky charm that was bought at a special place and time.
224. I have been treated differently on many occasions because I am wearing it.
225. I know that I am judged because of it.
226. I usually keep it tucked in my shirt so others can't see it.
227. I do not like to talk about it with other people.
228. My family doesn't know that I even have it. (Outside of Mr. Husband and the such.)
229. I've read the Bible, the Koren and other religious books and find that I am no closer to answers.
230. I've even taken the Book of Mormon to read but misplaced it in the move.
231. I do feel that there are universal truths in most religions.
232. We should be kind and love one another.
233. We should not kill.
234. We should not lie.
235. We should not steal.
236. Things like that. Things that are good and simple and have taken to mean other things by different people.
237. I wish that I did have a place that I could go every week and be with other people and sing but I haven't found a place where I'm comfortable doing that.
238. I always feel like a liar because I don't believe some big things that they are talking about.
239. I've been the most comfortable with the Episcopals.
240. At least the American Episcopal church. The one that accepts gays.
241. I know that I feel the presence of God the strongest when I am walking in the woods, holding the hands of my children.
242. I'd like to feel like I know more than that but I don't know if I ever will.
243. I'm old enough to know that I have no idea what I will feel or be like as I grow older.
244. Little Girl is screaming in the other room every time that it thunders.
245. She isn't really scared. She just likes to make loud noises.
246. My children love the show Curious George.
257. It's the only show that they like that is not available on demand through the cable.
258. I'm glad that it's not on demand because I'd have to watch it all.the.time.
259. It's a real pain that it's not on demand because it would be a help sometimes.
260. For now we have to watch Fireman Sam which is an OK kids show but it's the same eight episodes over and over again.
261. There's gotta be a few other ones.
262. I really haven't done much but think and be quiet today.
263. I'm sure that I will talk the ear off of the next person that calls.
264. I will not want to talk about the contents of this post with whoever calls.
265. Yes, I mean you.
266. It's really raining outside and the lightening is striking really close.
267. You know it's close when you hear and see it at the same time.
268. #1 has just informed me that his teacher has told him that you are not to be on the computer during a thunder storm.
269. Then he scratched his head and said that maybe he dreamed that. He wasn't sure.
270. I wanted to tell him that he was right or at least his teacher was but then I'd have to get off of the computer and I don't want to.
271. Mr. Husband did not clean the kitchen after he made dinner.
272. I cleaned the kitchen for him to cook.
273. It's a mess and I don't want to clean it.
274. I managed to make lunch without cleaning it..
275. We had peanut butter and honey sandwiches with cheese slices (on the side, sicko) and Cheetos that make your tongue turn green.
276. The kids also had $4.00 a gallon milk.
277. I drank soda. It's cheaper.
278. I don't drink soda because it's cheaper but I'm going to pretend that is why.
279. I drink it because it has a lot of sugar and I love me lots of sugar.
280. I think that I will go brew me a pot of raspberry tea with sugar and honey and fill it with ice cubes.
281. Have I mentioned how much I don't want to clean the kitchen.
282. I planned on rereading the Harry Potter books in preparation for the release of the new movie and the new and final book this summer.
283. I'm 100 pages into the first one and wondering when I thought that I would have the time to do this.
284. I also have located all of them yet. I knew where they were in Seattle. Bookcase in the dinning room. Middle shelf, on the right. I don't know where all of them are here.
285. I'm sure that they are on the shelf in the bedroom here because the alternative is that they are hidden in a book that I have never unpacked and that idea makes me afraid.
286. I'm afraid of the bugs here.
287. You saw the picture of the grasshoppers.
288. They could eat your face off.
289. They are definitely plague size.
290. I'm not afraid that they are going to eat my face off but I don't want to touch them or have one land on me.
291. I'm not afraid of zombies but I totally think that they whole thing is plausible.
292. I was thinking of the science involved with this the other day.
293. I was glad that no one asked me what I was thinking about because then I would just seem crazy.
294. It could so happen.
295. I'm more worried about hurricanes or tornadoes.
296. You can't stop zombies or hurricanes or tornadoes but I'm rather live in the aftermath of the last two.
297. I don't trust that FEMA would be a big help in either case but in four or five days they might show up after a hurricane.
298. I think that they would just nuke the place if there were some zombies.
299. I've been writing at this blog for a year now.
300. Here's to many years more.

Thank you to all of my faithful readers. I know that I don't acknowledge your existence often but I do know that you are there. I check to see who is reading and I faithfully read comments. Thank you all so much.

Much Love,

Danielle

2 comments:

-tracie. said...

I also wonder about other people's houses. It's like I never grew out of my college clutter into the grown-up realm. I think I'm okay with that though...

My love and I had a long talk about religion last night (do non-christians ever get possessed? Like Hindus or Buddhists?) I believe there is a Universal Truth that exists whether I believe in it or not. I would like to find some religion that I can believe in for this life and find solace in it. I miss church, but am not a Christian so I don't feel like I should go. I'm looking into Buddhism...I'll keep you posted.

Sending you love!

burnurcomputer said...

291. I'm not afraid of zombies but I totally think that they whole thing is plausible.


Well said red head. I love you very much. I will see you next week and WIll chat your ear off about what you posted here. But not on the phone. In person where you can't hang up. Or hide in the bath room,(because I will sit outside and continue to talk to you while you reply with--"uh huh" and "sure"). And because I love you I will drive you nuts and you will say why did I come for so long!!!!!!! And then when you go home you will miss me terribly. Yeah I love my sister!!!!! And we need to talk about the eye thing......NO YOU DID NOT MENTION THAT TO ME!!!! But if my eye sight gets much worse we can be blind together!