Tuesday, May 08, 2007

To stay at home

I'm tired. The kind of tired you get when you stay home with three kids and clean all day and have a fever and pretend that you do not. That kind of tired.

#1 stayed home from school today but was shocked to learn that the TV was not staying in his room today as well. He is well enough to lay on the couch now. He actually had no fever today. He temperature was in the normal range all day. That is until he laid down to go to sleep. Now it's up at 100.3 again.

Middle and Little have had temperatures in the normal range as well. They do feel warm to the touch and I am convinced that they are burning up but they are fine. I also had sweat pants on today and the air conditioner was freezing me out but according to the thermostat and all of the people here, it's just me.

It was actually beautiful outside today but we couldn't have the windows and doors open because of forest fires in a neighboring state. It's crazy to think how far smoke can travel. I was thinking that the fire had to be much closer. There is even ash on my car.

My mother in law brought over her carpet scrubber and I had a lot of fun. It was disgusting to see how dirty the water was but the carpets are so nice, clean and soft now. The only problem is that orange Gatorade stains and I can't get out the spots from the other day. They are much lighter than they were but they are there. I've tried several things. If you know any secrets let me know. I'll be sticking to the secret of only buying the clear Gatorade next time but I need something for the stains that are already here.

2 comments:

Heather Van Uxem-Lewis said...

Spot Shot works really well. You just have to keep the kiddos away from it while it is wet.

-tracie. said...

Probably keep the kitty away too. Hope everyone is back to "normal" soon!