Love Thursday is curing my need for speed.
I love to read. I would love nothing better than to just lay around in my Pjs all day and read. I like all kinds of books but really enjoy fiction especially fantasy. I have just finished reading a very, very good book. It was called Peter and the Starcatchers. It is the story that explains how a regular boy named Peter became Peter Pan. I devoured the book in days and it would only have been hours if I didn't have the whole work and kids thing going on.
The librarian at my school has recommended a few books to me and has even lent me a few from her own library. I've been very happy with her selections and finish each of the books quickly.
This week she brought me something different, a book on tape. Actually a book on Compact Disc. Eight disks to be exact. I was very leery of this. I do have a commute in the morning but I usually listen to NPR and get my news on the way to work and listen to really loud music with lyrics that my kids can't hear, on the way home.
I am transformed. I am currently listening to The Secret Life of Bees. I LOVE it. I was so calm today when traffic was backed up because it meant that I could listen longer. I didn't get mad when I was lost. I just go to listen longer. I'm finding that I am not going over the speed limit because I don't want to speed away my "reading" time.
I am not going to be giving up reading from actual books. It's very frustrating that I can't just bring it inside and curl up in bed with it but it has made the trip to work more enjoyable. I'm almost looking forward to it each morning. Almost.
5 comments:
Dude, I LOVED Peter and the Starcatchers. Now you have to read Peter and the Shadow Thieves; it's even better!! I wish you were here, but I'm glad to know we still have the same taste in literature.
Call me with your new pretty phone and tell me what happens in it! I still might read it later. And for those of you who don't know me ......no that doesn't ruin the story for me. Its the same with a movie. Anyway books on tape is how I knew what was going on in the first Star Wars. Its strange that I know someone who writes books, adn has them available to download on your ipod at itunes. I know her husband and son much better then her,but its cool in a strange way.
I love books on tape (audio books I guess with that new fangled technology - the CD). With the hour commute I had I went through tons of them. Harry Potter is fantastic on them b/c the reader is so good. Enjoy!!!
I love that book. It is here on my shelf. If I had known I would have sent it to you.
I miss you all so much. I love that we all have common tastes but we don't even talk about it. Miss you so much.
Post a Comment