Wednesday, May 02, 2007

The beginning of the end

Well I started testing my students for the end of the year. I shouldn't really say started and testing in the same sentence because that seems to be the only thing that I have been doing this year but now I'm working on the last set of tests that help determine if a student passes or fails.

We received our first batch of results on our high stakes test. There is one more set of scores and the second set usually has higher scores. I'm sure hoping that is true because if we go by the scores that I have now, 8 of my students would not be fourth graders next year. It's depressing.

The kids are going to hate all of the tests that I have to give. I'm enjoying not having to teach them anything but I'm tired of grading papers.

A student in my class had a fire at his house on Monday. He told me that the dryer started on fire and it was bad enough that the fire department had to come and put it out. He did not seem upset about this news in any way and actually seemed to act like it was really cool. He was later on bragging to the other kids that he started the fire. He said that he took a match and threw it in the dryer and that was how it started.

I let his family know today. I hate to think that this could be true. I don't have problems believing that he could have done it but I feel for his family because they are trying to take care of him. I sure hope it's not true but I think that it probably is. His family said that they were going to the fire department tonight to see what their investigators could figure out. Hopefully it was just a fire started by a dryer and not by a little boy.

I have an interview tomorrow, one on Friday and one on Sunday. I don't know where or when the interview is tomorrow. Can you tell how incredibly excited I am about it? I'll look up the information tonight before bed but still. On Sunday I have an interview with Target. I know that I'm not going to be working this summer but it would be nice to have some money. I'm hoping that I could just pick up a few hours a week. Maybe on the weekend when Mr. Husband would be home. I figure that it's worth going to find out.

Middle Child is doing well. He seems to have no apparent problems from his fall in the pool. I've been listening to his lung closely to see if he has anything extra in there. The pool water was not very clean and I'm still worried that he could have an infection from breathing dirty water but so far he seems fine.

He was in the tub by himself tonight and I decided to crawl in with him. I would occasionally take baths with #1 Son when he was this same age. I didn't realize that I hadn't done that with Middle since he was very small. It's just so different with twins. They have so many things that #1 didn't have but they also miss out on other things.

Middle was amazed that Mommy could be in the tub. He kept just saying my name. We played for a little while and then I got out. After we were dry and dressed we snuggled on the couch and he got to pick what we watched on TV. He was very happy tonight.

3 comments:

The archer said...

That's the sadist happy moment. I know the spelling is probably wrong but it's just the rightest word for how I felt reading about the tub.

Heather Van Uxem-Lewis said...

Awwwwwwww...middle child. My heart stopped when you said he was in the tub alone today. Ugh! I cannot wait to see my babies.

burnurcomputer said...

Hey YOUR babies? They are MINE!!!!! Ha-Ha, we can share! With Mom too. I'm glad Middle child could spend some tubby time with you. Did you e-mail the first people to follow up or call them? Tell middle child that I love him. And little girl, and number one son!!!!!!