Something I've never been good at ***ETA
Today I am waiting. I am sitting by the phone and trying to will it to ring and bring me good news. I am doing none of the things that I had planned today. The house does not look like I have been cleaning everyday. I am sitting on my butt, reading things on my dear Internet and waiting for the phone to ring.
I got a call today that my mother is in the hospital. You may remember this and how I spent a week with my mom. Much of it caring for her while she was in the hospital for a Pulmonary Embolism. She has been doing much better since then, slowly recovering but she was having some problems today and was taken to the hospital by ambulance from work.
My sista and Aunt are with her in the Emergency Room while the doctors do tests and determine what to do next. I'm so glad that they can be there with her. This is the hardest part of living away from family. I can't just drive over to see her. It's a 20 to 24 hour drive. I can fly but it's not the same and takes time to plan. (At least four hours before you are going to fly if you want to pay less that $2,000.)
On the other side of this large country my best friend is in court. She is testifying in a case involving herself and her ex-husband. This is over something that happened a year ago. Her ex might have to go to prison. It's a stressful time for her and I wish that I could be there to hold her hand.
It's easy to forget how large this country is when you have things like TV, cellphones and the Internet. It has become so much easier to communicate with the ones that you love and still live thousands of miles away. The world is getting smaller in many ways but the physical distance is still there.
So for now, I'm left to sit, wait, think and pray.
2 comments:
Mom will be okay. I call her that now you know. Tomorrow is the last verdict in this era of my life and I am ready for happiness. You are too.
Thinking about you and your fam and friends...
Post a Comment