So hard to remember
Things seem to have been going poorly for so many people that I love. I've felt like there is little that I can do to help, other than listen. I know that listening is very helpful but I wish that there was more that I could do.
My mom went to the doctor's today. They still don't know what is going on but they took a whole lot of blood to do tests. My mother-in-law bought a new car on Saturday but was in a car accident yesterday. A teenager drove into the back of her car. It is drivable but will need repairs. It only had 70 miles on it last night. My best friend had to testify in court. Her ex husband was found guilty. He may have to do time in jail. She still doesn't know.
It seems that dark times of fallen even in the blogosphere on the ones that I have come to consider friends. (Even if they don't know me.) From the loss of a life, loss of a home or loss of all things tasty and right.
When things like this are happening, it's so easy to think that the world is out to get you. It feels like the universe is out of alignment and I start to get suspicious of what is going to happen next. I get nervous when the phone rings. I am anxious and short tempered.
Last night I set the alarm wrong. Of course, I didn't know this until Mr. Husband woke me up to let me know that I had over slept. It was late enough that I could not get a shower and boy did I need one but also not so late that if I got dressed and left right away, I could just make it in time. I realized that I was out of the frozen lunches that I take to work. I also couldn't find $3 so I could buy lunch there. There was an accident on the way to work that was just starting to slow down traffic. I got there before the police or ambulance arrived. I counted five cars that were involved.
After that I decided to stop at my gas station and get some coffee. While there I also bought some pop tarts and a power bar. I got to work and the kids weren't too bad. (If you discount the fight and me being so worried about one of my students taking the bus home that I actually drove him to his house.) I made it through the day and left pretty much on time.
My MIL had the kids and I was able to stop at Target on the way home. This allowed me to shop quickly but it was a major treat. Shopping + No Kids = FUN! I bought Little Girl a few dresses that were marked down because they were "Easter" dresses and I bought some things for dinner.
Tonight I had a great time with my kids. #1 Son and I played tennis together. He was doing a great job of hitting the ball. The twins were ball kids and kept throwing them back to us. We had a nice dinner thanks to roasted chicken a la Target. The kids were good at bathtime and played nicely together. They got dressed quickly and watched a little TV. The twins went to bed without a fuss and #1 Son and I worked on his homework and read together. He feel asleep quickly after that.
There was a beautiful thunder storm and Mr. Husband made it home safety after staying for overtime. (No, I didn't bribe him.) We talked. He gave me big hugs and I finally got to get that shower. I'm feeling relaxed and squeaky clean.
I need to remember that life happens around us all of the time. The good and the bad. We need to grab onto the good things that we have and enjoy them. It is the little things that make life wonderful. We just need to try and remember that when everything else seems to be falling apart.
3 comments:
Some good news:
I have a date on Friday!
Muppet movies make me happy. My kids make me happy. Your kids make me happy. Bad things don't get me down they piss me off. I am not calm or look for a deeper meaning. I get pissed then I get happy. Chicken already cooked when I buy it makes me happy. Playing makes me happy. And don't worry our Mommy is doing okay. I'm taking her to work tommorow so she can get her car. I hope you Mother in law is doing okay. I hope you friend is doing okay. I want to meet her some day. I kow everyones name, but can't type it in. i want everyone safe. If anyone messes with them then that will piss me off................then I will be happy.
Note to 1st message.......Yeah!!!!!!!!!!! go you from the sister you never had and always didn't want- and have yrt to meet :)
Post a Comment