Wednesday, April 04, 2007

evaluation

I had to go to the Principal's office today. The principal wanted to review my evaluation. I was very, very nervous.

I wasn't the only one that had to go to the office today to do this. I actually waited in a line to have the privilege to do this. I was third in line and the two people in front of me talked to the principal for 20 minutes each.

I took the better half of that 40 minutes giving myself a speech about not crying in front of her. That I could cry in the car, in my classroom and/or everyone on the Internet and real world BUT not in front of her.

She called me in and said that I was overall satisfactory. That's good because no one is ever excellent to her and most people average out below satisfactory. She said that the one place that I was rated anything other than satisfactory. She said that I needed to take better care of my classroom. I actually take really good care of my classroom. I keep it clean. I've never done that before. I even have one of the other teachers come in about once a week and tell me what I need to clean because I don't see it sometimes BUT (yes, the big but) I'm not going to argue with that. If that's all that she can come up with, oh well.

She also said that she loves me and would like me to return next year. WTF? (In non-Internet talk, that means What the F@!%) I'm glad that she feels that way but come on! I'm not your normal paranoid type. I couldn't be and wear my pajamas everywhere I go. I don't think that the "man" is out to get me. This woman makes me crazy!!!!!!!

I will still put in for the transfer and I will do everything that I can to get to a better school but that does make me feel better about everything. IF I'm stuck there next year, she likes me. WHEN I interview for a better job, she likes me.

We talked about the possibility of not finding a school closer to home, then I would like to return with a first grade position. She said that she would have openings.

The whole conversation lasted about 90 seconds.

I'm very glad that this is how everything went down but I'm still very confused.

I'm not a person that usually needs to hear that I'm doing a good job but I think that would have taken a lot of the pressure off of this year. I know that it would have. A little encouragement can go a long way. Support would go even further.

2 comments:

Heather Van Uxem-Lewis said...

1. She is a man

2. She is the man

3. Take the compliment but not the trust

4. Clean is a relative word

Anonymous said...

What she said!