The April Fool's gift that just keeps on giving
I'm not a big fan of the April fool's joke. Usually people take the whole thing too far and someone really gets hurt, emotionally if not physically. I was very glad that this year April 1st was on a Sunday because that meant that I would not be imprisoned teaching a group of crazy third graders trying to play tricks on me.
I spent a nice day with the family. We went to my in-laws and had a nice brunch. The kids played and I came home and took a nice nap. It was a nice day.
I was later reading my favorite blogs and someone suggested tricking their husband with a pregnancy test that had a fake plus sign on it. I thought about it and since we already have three kids decided that this would be a good thing for me to do. It would be silly but would only be a trick for a couple of seconds and no one would get hurt.
I took the last test that we had in the house. It was going to expire next month anyway. I took it apart and used a purple marker to make the plus for the pregnancy. It looked pretty fake but that was OK. I gave it to little girl and had her take it to Mr. Husband and had her say something like I'm a big girl. I wanted her to say something about being a big sister but didn't want her to repeat it to everyone after the joke was done. I'm fat and don't want people people asking me when I'm due.
Little Girl took it up to Mr. Husband but he didn't get it. He thought that I was letting her play with pregnancy tests or was kidding around that SHE had a positive test. Ummm....that's totally not funny at all! That won't be something exciting for at least 25 years from now. I explained, he gave me grief about messing it up so much and he gave me grief about actually doing a trick.
So the trick don't work out but no one was really hurt so I was happy with that.
I then decided that I would pee on the stick because I love to do that. It's a strange habit but I love it. I don't get to do it often because it's also expensive but I figured, what the heck. I peed on the stick and almost pooped myself because it came back positive in seconds!!!!
Let my type that again, it came out positive in seconds.
I had to show Mr. Husband the test. Then I had to explain that no this was not another trick. I had to drive to the pharmacy because we needed to take a test, we needed to take a test that very minute and we needed to take a test that had not been written on by marker.
I bought a fancy digital one because I didn't want to mess around with the question of is there a line there or not. I peed on the stick and three very long minutes later, it came back with the two words, NOT PREGNANT.
Don't get me wrong, I would love to be pregnant right now. No one knows that more that Mr. Husband but this was supposed to be a joke. The joke turned out to be on me.
Mr. Husband was cool as a cucumber the whole time. I know that he would actually be OK if we were accidentally pregnant right now but would rather wait a little while, like until he has a permanent full time job. Although I really want to have another baby, I think that his approach is the right way.
I will not being pulling anymore April Fool's jokes. At least not for awhile.
3 comments:
Ha! That is a great story! I was holding my breath the entire time.
Damn! Is it wrong of me to want another genetic copy of you of Mr. Husband?!?! And that friend of number one son who lives inold city is good looking too. And so are my number 1 and number 2 sons. I like pretty babies!
TOO FUNNY!!!!
Post a Comment