Update on the year of me
I'm getting much better about taking time to do things that I enjoy. I went to the eye doctor's office (Walmart) yesterday and had my eyes checked and ordered my new glasses. I'm super excited to both be able to see and read at the same time. I tried a pair on and asked the man working there if they looked nerdy. His answer was YES so I knew that they were the pair for me. I'm going to the nerdy librarian look.
Yesterday I also started a new crochet project. I'm making a baby blanket and finished 3/4 of it yesterday. It's pink and soft and Middle Child tries to steal it every chance that he can. I hope the baby that I'm making it for doesn't mind that Middle Child man handled it several times before I deliver the blankie. (No I'm not pregnant.)
I've also started reading again. I usually do not read during the school year because I find that I read and ignore all of the other things that I'm supposed to be doing. I finished a book in a day last week and I finished a book today again. At least it was nice out and I took the kids to the playground and started reading it while we were there. They like going down the slide. I like them not talking to me very often while I'm trying to read. I've found that I'm able to read and still get things done. I just don't watch TV or spend as much time on the computer.
I left work today when I was no longer paid to be there. I'm not really good at doing this but I'm going to be trying to do this a lot more often. I talked to one of my teaching partners about yelling at me if I don't leave on time. She is excellent about leaving on time. She also gets to school way earlier than I do but she does leave on time.
I'm amazed at how much more relaxed I am at the end of the day when I leave at a decent time. I feel like there is enough time to relax and hang out with the kids before I am trying to force them to bed and then myself to bed.
So overall, I feel that I'm doing well on the year of me, at least for this month. I'm doing much better about spending time on things that I enjoy. I know need to start exercising again. I really don't want to but I know that I will feel better once I do. I feel so fat and out of shape now and know that I'll feel so much better if I only just lost 10 pounds. Let alone the motivation to lose 40. A little at a time. I'm making it that little bit at a time.
3 comments:
Who is the blanket for? Is one of your friends preggers? Or is this a pre-baby, just have it ready, just in case knid of blankie? I'm glad that you are leaving on time now. And I want pics of your nerdy glasses. And don't make cracks sbout the glasses, Tracy will take you down!!!!!!! Don't worry about the belly, its insulation! And you are round and soft, as Aidan calls it. And you look pretty. And I like you . And I love you too.
What's wrong with nerdy librarians? HUH????
Remember reading Harry Potter instead of doing our college work?
What's the latest on the job?
Nothings wrong with nerdy librarians. That's why I'm getting glasses like that. I'll share a pick of them when I get them. I'm so excited. I'll stop at different times of day and think of them and smile. I'm really dorky like that.
The baby blanket is for a friend who is having a baby girl. Come to think of it of the three people that I know that are pregnant right now, all three of them are having girls. Weird. No blankets made for prebabies here. I've never actually made one for any of my own children. #1 is begging for one and Middle Child was right behind him. I only have pink yarn so I made #1 a small one of his puppy toy and I'll make a small one for Middle child's cats. That way they have something. I'll buy more yarn and make them bigger ones then.
:)
Post a Comment