Thank the Gods it's finally bed time.
I am definitely glad that I got to stay home with the kids this week. I have loved getting home and spending so much time with them. I also have had a chance to get the apartment almost clean. It's been great BUT (you knew a but was coming) today was definitely hard.
Now before I get myself in trouble, I never, ever, ever thought that staying home was going to be easy. As much as my job sucks at times, I do get a small break from the kids and I have the commute back and forth as kid free time. I know that staying home does not have break times. Yes, the kids take naps still but never long enough to accomplish anything and at least at school I can go to the bathroom by myself without someone crying at the door.
Today we had the dreaded doctor appointment. (Hear some kind of horror movie music in the background while you read that last sentence again.) Usually doctor visits are not too bad but twins and shots do not mix. The twin each got four shots today and a finger poke to check their blood. They were very not happy.
At first they were loving everything. They are at the "cute" age where standing on the scale and getting measured just seem to tickle the nurses. My children are all hams and love the attention. Then they go in a room and get their temperature taken and not the "evil" way that mom does it. Oh no, they learn that thermometer can also go under your arm and not between the checks. They get their finger pokes but that's not too bad. A few tears and the nurse produces lollipops out of a magic pocket. Twins jump up and down, while clapping and then say, "Thank you." They are well trained.
But then the mean ol' doctor comes in and talks to them and then suddenly I'm holding them down while they endure FOUR shots each. They screamed just a little louder each time which is kind of amazing when you consider how loud Middle Child was yelling. Thankfully it was over after that I we went out to the lobby and there were more lollipops and the doctor's office is again a great place to be.
Of course I'm skipping the wonderful part of the story where I explain how we got to the appointment only to find out that it was really scheduled for yesterday and not today AND I find out that my insurance does not list this doctor as the proper doctor to go to and therefor I will have to pay out of pocket if I wish to reschedule an appointment AND THEN I find out that although I requested their medical records last month and filled out all of the proper paper work, the records are still not there and we are in a different time zone than the last doctor and we can't have an appointment without the records. Oh no, I spared you all of the details involved with that part. Just know that I did reschedule and they magically had two appointments back to back, I got the insurance company to change the primary care provider and back date the order and I only had to cry a little and we got the complete medical records for at least two out of three children and the we got at least the immunization records for the other one. It's a long story but worked out in the end.
But back to the main idea. I'm tired, the kids were very grumpy from all of this and I'm so very thankful that they are all sleeping in their beds now and I'll soon be sleeping in mine. So very, very thankful.
2 comments:
I am so glad you took the time to have such a great week. It sounds like you got a much needed break and time with your lovelies.
I love the short and screamiing kids! i'm sorry that they had a yelling contest, but us nurses do have magic. And yes, the I'll give you a treat thing never stops working! Just only as they get older you have to switch to sugar free. Or at least have gum or be willing to sing or dance for them. Yes sing and dance for old people to take their meds. But I don't have to do that anymore! i get to have 2 shortcakes to hang out with and only have to listen to the wining when they are sick and stay at home! being a mommy is fun!!!!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment