Thursday, March 22, 2007

This love Thrusday is

dedicated to the ability to laugh at myself. My life would be so much harder if I wasn't able to just laugh at the thing that happen to me. There are definitly times that I cry but they are far outweighed by the times that I laugh.

You have all read about me walking into the glass door. (Which is now covered in Foam Duckies to protect from further damage.) Today I did something as equally stupid but this time I did it in public.

The kids and I went to my favorite new City museum. We looked at dinosaur bones. We looked at prehistoric creatures of the ocean. We walked through the display about natural disasters until the kids decided that they did not want to see another one. We walk through a display about India and #1 Son and I were talking about all of the thing on display. For the record, he likes the six armed God the best.

After all of that we went to the kids section of the museum. Now my children have been to this place several times and there is not a new exhibt there but they are still excited to go. There are many fun, hands on things to do. My favorite is where you get use a wheel chair and race to see how fast you can go through the opstical course.

I was playing with the wheel chair and showing off my mad Wheelie skills when I decided that I was going to set the wheel chair back on the little wheels in the back that stop you from falling over. Only I didn't check to make sure that they were not broken.

I popped a wheely and pushed the chair back. I didn't feel the supports and pushed the chair back a little further. I started to feel like I was falling but I still had ever expectation that I was going to be caught. That was I had that expectation until I feel on the floor. I had layed the chair down so I was now on my back with my legs in the air. I was laughing hysterically.

It was one of those moments where you are really embarassed but you are trying to decide how to react. I decided that it was better to laugh at myself than pretend that I didn't just do the foolish thing that I did just do. I was laughing, #1 Son was laughing and I'm sure that the tall black guy just across the way was laughing but he was trying not to look my way.

I'm glad that I could laugh at myself.

I was also glad that my sister is a nurse and could look at pictures of the gnarly bruise on my hand and help me determine if I broke one of the 27 bones in there. So far we are thinking that the answer is NO. My butt is too big to even be bruised in case you wanted to know that as well. It hurts but no marks.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love you and your bruises!

Heather Van Uxem-Lewis said...

You rock. Not only for putting yourself out there but for telling all of us about it!