Sunday, February 25, 2007

Mr. Husband says

At dinner tonight I asked my family what I should blog about tonight. Mr. Husband said that we had had an adventurous day today and that I should have a lot to blog about.

I thought that this was cute because we had gone to my favorite museum and saw a movie there in their IMAX theater and we were eating out at a restaurant but it really hadn't felt super adventurous. I also find that my posts are really boring and most formulaic on the times that I try to share all of the things that happened in the day. It becomes a list of things and although it can be interesting it's never as thought provoking or heartfelt as when I write about one specific thing.

He then decided that I should really write about all of the great things that he did today. I'm supposed to tell you about the fact that he got up with the the kids this morning. I'm supposed to write about how he was snoring and drooling on the coach while I got to sleep in. I got to sleep for 11 hours because of this.

I'm supposed to tell you about the fact that he got me bagels for breakfast. He also bought low-fat veggie cream cheese spread and lox and we had a great breakfast. He even made me my fruity tea and brought me the sugar.

I'm supposed to tell you how we went to the movies and how he left the movie about half way into it because Middle Child was done watching the movie. This is important because Mr. Husband let me stay and watch the movie both letting me finish the movie and be saved from having to run all around, chasing after Middle Child.

I'm also supposed to tell you how we went to IHOP because I wanted too and the fact that he did a U-turn on the highway (it's legal here) just to go back to IHOP. This meant that we actually went past our exit to return home but I got to go were I wanted.

He thought that would be a good thing to share with all of you.

I was probably just going to complain about the fact that I finally got hit head on with this cold that he has been fighting for almost four weeks. I was probably going to complain about the fact that my students are taking their high stakes test that determines if they will pass or fail third grade. This being a pain for two reasons. The first, the very obvious reason that I want them to pass but the second that I am not allowed to be absent during this testing. It's not something that you can have a substitute do.

His idea was probably better but I won't tell him. His head is already a little swollen from all of the other stuff he did today.

2 comments:

Heather Van Uxem-Lewis said...

Oh, yeah, it's your birthday! Oh, yeah, get your groove on!

Anonymous said...

Very nice job Mr. Husband. I was supposed to write that. But I was going to write about it anyway. Tell the student people to take their time and think! And take some immume support for petes sake! And vit C. That thing invented by a teacher for class romm and flying-- Is that called Airborne or something? We have a 2 hour delay here- snow and ice. Its 7:57 and my kids are still sleeping. Helens pissed after her surgery yesterday. She misses her uterus and ovaries. Who can blame her?!?!? Anyway I will attempt to speak to you but you are very hard to get a hold off!!!!!!