Work
I hate my job.
Blah, blah, blah.
The kids were naughty.
Blah, blah, blah.
I don't ever want to go back again.
Blah, blah, blah.
You know the same old story.
Mr. Husband is making cookie right now. I don't think that I'm really ready to diet right now. I am not satisfied unless I'm stuffed full of food. I also want all sugar and fat foods. I know that this isn't good but it's making me feel better right now.
There is a woman at work that has lost 40 pounds in the last three months. She looks terrible. I asked her today about it but didn't want to encourage her. I was just shocked by it. She looks sick. She didn't look like she had that much to lose in the first place. Like 20 pounds could have been too much. It's kinda gross and scary. Not just because I want to eat a dozen cookies.
She told me that she has cut out almost all fat and carbs and exercises at least an hour a day. She said that it's usually 2 hours of exercise everyday.
She still wants to lose 4 more pounds. I'm worried but I don't really know her at all.
I've been really focusing on all of the ways that we are connected as people but all of the ways that we separate ourselves. I've been thinking about it a lot lately.
2 comments:
It is freaky to watch people melt away as if disappearing into the atmostphere. What is so disconcerting about starvation is that not only does it wreak havok on the body, but it is a mental and social disease. That piece makes it all the harder to cure or combat.
She need to watch Thursday's Tyra Banks.......she just might see a little of herself in that one!
Post a Comment