My children fix the day after work
The twins are at a perfect age. They are still small and cuddly but they are doing more for themselves everyday. They are talking more but still talk to me. They are walking more but still hold my hand when they do.
We went to the tennis court when I got home from work tonight. It was actually, almost chilly outside today. I think that high today was in the low 60's. Again, I know that's not cold but after humid and 80's, you can definitly feel the difference. We had fun kicking soccer balls and #1 and I played with our tennis rackets.
I wanted to play tennis with someone and Mr. Husband won't play so I decided that I would teach #1. For Christmas I got #1 and myself each an inexpensive rachet and a bag of balls. It's one of those great plans that might actually pan out in ten years. You know if we practice everday no matter how wet or god awful hot it gets and if #1 doesn't quit. I'm sure it will work out according to plan.
I felt bad because I was showing him how to hit the ball and I accidental hit him with the ball and it was kinda (really) hard and he cried and said that he wanted to quit now. We snuggled on the bench and then hit balls a little more but it was definitly a little more shy with about balls flying at him after that.
We all came inside and hung out until dinner time where Mr. Husband had made a delicious Chicken Parm. (Judy: we need the recipe for yours. It rocked!) We had a nice dinner as a family. Sitting around and talking about our days at school. The kids all needed baths when they were finished because their faces were all a beautiful maranara color.
After baths we snuggled and brushed hair. This is one of my favorite times of day. Little girl's hair is finally starting to grow and it's getting fun to brush. Middle Child's hair is so thick and I'm trying to spike the top but he runs away half way through. #1 wants a total spike and looks like a porcupine. He wants to do his hair that way for school. I'm not sure if we should let him. Besides even if we would, I don't think I have the proper product for that kinda job.
We snuggled a little more and they were off to bed. I talked to my mom, I'm blogging now and I'll be falling into bed soon.
Not bad for a Tuesday.
4 comments:
Let him spike his hair. He is not asking to color it purple like I did. As long as it is something that isn't too unbearable for you and he learns how to do it on his own, this could turn out the be very beneficial. Plus he wants to look hot for his new flame. hehehehehehehehhehe!
I love you.
wow that sounds like quite a fun day!
Biolage finishing spritz worked awesome for my spikes and my hair is super fine. I don't know what kind of hair he has, but it should work no matter what. And it wasn't too expensive either. I haven't found another product that worked as well for my all-day spikes (like madame dragonfly, mine were a purple-ish color once too - remember?) And why wouldn't you let him spike his hair for school? I might be missing something but that doesn't sound like the danielle I know...
In my defense. I'm just worried that he will be so distracted with his hair that he won't do any work. This is the kid that stops to look at himself in every reflective surface.
I'm still a cool mom. I swear. Or at least I hope.
Post a Comment