Sunday, October 15, 2006

Weekend endings

I will spend the next four Saturdays in trainings from 8-4. I will get paid my hourly rate so the extra money will be nice but I would rather spend that time with my family. I keep trying to think of all of the positives like the extra money, not having to get up at 5:30 and the extra money but it's still not the same as time with my family.

I gave the boys haircuts today. I have professional clippers and my aunt showed me how to use them. My only problem is that there are two boys that do not want to have their hair cut. #1 son will sit there and complain, which means that his mouth is open from complaining and hair gets in it and he complains more and then he starts spiting. It's great fun.

Middle child takes it much, much worse. He will usually kick and scream and will finally calm down enough to just weep and snuggle my shoulder while I cut the hair that isn't plaster to my body. This means that he has one side of this hair cut really well and the other side looks terrible. Not to mention all of the hair that gets everywhere. I'll later find it in the folds of my flesh and wonder how so much of it could possibly get into my bra.

I tried a new technique this time. I stripped him and myself down to next to nothing. I wore my underwear and he his diaper. This meant that the torture of the haircut would continue but there would be less hair on our clothing afterwards.

At one point things were going really well, read really well to mean him sobbing, me holding him in a head lock but actually removing large sections of the hair, when suddenly he escaped, much to both of our surprise. Imagine me running after him. Boobs swinging in every direction as I attempt to leap over discarded toys. Maybe you shouldn't imagine that part. I grabbed him and we got back to work.

As bad as things were, both hair cuts turned out really well. You can't even tell all of the work that was involved when you look at it. Isn't that the beauty of the buzz cut. Well that the price.

2 comments:

Heather Van Uxem-Lewis said...

you see...I know you and I have a complete visual AND audio of this entire situation. AWESOME!

Scribbit said...

I hate doing haircuts because with three of them it means hair EVERYWHERE by the time I'm done. But I do love saving money.