Notes from today
-took the kids to the museum today. We went to the "real" part of the museum today and not just the kids section but #1 told me that he did not have any fun being in the grown up section.
-Mother-in-law (MIL) met us at the museum. It was an even match between number of children and number of adults. I only had to watch one kid.
-There was only ONE exhibit that said DO NOT TOUCH. This is the only exhibit where Middle child crawled under the wire fence and tried to touch something. I caught him just after he had gotten inside the enclosure. I grabbed him before he could actually touch. He was not happy with this development.
-There is a new exhibit at the museum that has different types of natural disasters. You know fun things like earthquakes, forest fire, hurricanes and tornados. I stood in a little wind closet where the wind went up to 78.8 MPH. This was much cooler to watch from the outside of the little closet than to experience on the inside. My hair kept smacking me in the face and felt like millions of little whips. My face still hurts and it took me 10 minutes to brush it back into submission.
- MIL and the fam went to a buffet after the museum. This was lots of fun because it's pretty cheap, the food is good and there is so much of it. I'm still full and it's six hours later. I'm no longer moaning and hoping that I will vomit. So worth it. Weight Watcher points will not be counted today and probably not tomorrow either.
-Baby girl ate so much food that her stomach was bloated and rock hard. She was just begging for crackers so I'm sure that she recovered much more quickly than I did.
-Baby girl and Middle child both feel asleep in the car on the way home. Middle child slept for almost four hours. We had to wake him up so that he will be tired at bed time.
-I got a nap. Not nearly as long as I would have liked or needed but it was still precious sleep.
-Mr. Husband and #1 went shopping at Target while I slept. They bought the required tampons and maxi pads that men should always buy when out shopping. The both left the house and returned without me noticing. (see above about nap.)
-I amazed #1 by my cooking skills when I made homemade play dough. Now I just have to try and figure out what we are going to store it in. We do not have Tupperware just the plastic containers that food come in. (Can we possibly go through THAT much margarine?)
-I washed the kids sheets this morning. It's one of my weekend chores. I also cleaned there rooms and the living room. I need to vacuum all of these places now.
What a great day. So relaxing.
1 comment:
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh! My son went with uncle while I wanted to study but instead had coffee with a friend and then went to a party of sorts. You know...
Post a Comment