Sunday, August 20, 2006

This weekend..

Computer Friends:
I met with my computer friends this weekend. It was fun to go and do something that was new and meet some people that I know in cyber world. I'm very glad that we went but it was still strange.

I know personal things about these people. The birth story of their children, medical problems, what they do for a living and more but I still don't really know these people in lots of ways. On the computer we are comfortable saying just about anything. In real life we were kinda shy. I had to actually be introduced to who was who. Some of us don't put pictures of ourselves on the computer.

It was uncomfortable. I was nervous but I would definitely do it again. We are actually writing to each other about the next time already. I can't wait. I'm sure that I'll be nervous and a little uncomfortable but that's OK.

Mostly Adult Swim:
We went to Mr. Husband's Parent's house today. We brought lunch with us. We all sat down and had a good time expect #1 son who refused to eat his food because, "I'm not hungry." I'm sorry but I know that you are hungry, so eat your food already. (He finished his lunch at dinner time.)

After lunch, Papa and Middle child hung out and made block towers. Middle child was thrilled to get to play with blocks that were not be stolen from him by anyone. Papa seemed happy to sit on the floor and play with one of his grandsons. They played till an hour past nap time.

We put the twinnies to bed and Mr. Husband, #1 son and I went for a swim. It was great to get in the water and just play around. I love when the twinnies get to go in the water but that means that I have at least one child trying to drown themselves. It's just not the same. Mr. Husband and I played a game with the water toys and #1 son did the math to help us keep score. (I won.) We all had a nice time.

I went in and got changed so I would be ready for when the twinnies woke up. I sat on a chair just inside the sliding glass door and watched Mr. Husband give #1 son a swimming lesson. It was so neat to watch the two of them together when they are having fun. So often everyone is kinda grumpy when I get home after school and I miss the really neat interactions that I know that they have. It was so wonderful to witness.

Phone Calls:
I had the wonderful opportunity to do one of my most favorite things this weekend. Talk on the phone. I don't feel like I'm connected to the phone but I love to stay in contact with my friends and family that live so far from me.

I had the chance to talk to my mom, my aunt, and my uncle all in one phone call. I also got to talk to one of my closest friends from old city. It was so good to talk to her. She even saved my relationship with my iPod because I couldn't figure out how to put any music on it and was listening to the same song for the last three months. THANK YOU!!!

I sometimes get so busy in school and home that I don't miss my friends. I know that sounds bad but I am very busy during the day. It's usually when things are not going well when I miss my friends and want to talk to them. It was great to talk to a good friend and have pleasant things to say. To just get to gab and catch up. I missed that.

Homework:
I wrote my lesson plans for this coming week. It's not fun to do but it does get me ready for the week. I still have to take the time and review each particular lesson before I teach it but that's really easy. This helps me decide the pacing of the lessons for this week.

I graded papers and reflected on the kids preformance so far. The kids are settling in. They are still rude but not as often. They are still loud but not as loud. The still complain about supplies. I think that's just going to continue to happen for the school year.

Dinner Conversation:
I was talking to Mr. Husband at dinner. I asked how his weekend had gone. I knew that I had a really good one and it was very relaxing but I wondered what his perception would be. He said how he had a good time. It was nice to go and meet people and get to spend time with his parents. He said that he didn't get a lot accomplished. We didn't unpack any boxes or anything.

I told him that I had accomplished a lot this weekend. I did something new by going and meeting people from the computer. It was strange but still neat. I did laundry so I was ready for the week. I got to watch Dr. Who without falling asleep which never happens during the week. I got to sleep in one day and take nap the other. I had Jello shots that he had made for us. (I haven't had them since college.) I did my lesson plans and I got to go spend time with his family. I got to play with my children and just spend a nice time with my family.

So I didn't unpack any boxes or organize any closets. I am relaxed and I did a lot of really important things.

No comments: