Tuesday, July 04, 2006

We have arrived

We are now offically in New City. We have arrived at our new town. It probably won't feel much like home until we have a place that is ours.

The twins are pretending to go to sleep now. They are going to sleep on the airmattress with Number 1 son. They have only escaped once so far. This is very good.

The flight here was definitly an adventure. The first flight was only 20 minutes long. So that means that you never get to the point where they tell you that you can take your seatbelt off. It's just up in the air and down again.

There were only four other passingers on that flight and they all hide in the front of the plane as I sat with the kids in the last row. It was one of those really big airplanes where you actually have to take steps out of the airport and the door of the airplane becomes the steps to get in. It's really easy to do this with the worlds widest double stoller, two bags and two children only a year old. The crew was very sweet and gave us three cans of juice to take with us for the next flight. Number 1 son got to go in the cockpit and press buttons. That part was really cool.

The next flight was a little longer, just over two hours. The twins took turns crying but there was one point where all four of us were asleep. I have no idea how this happened but I believe that it lasted between and hour and an hour and a half. That part was great. Then the twins went back to crying.

We were all very excited to see Daddy!!!

Now the real adventure of living in a new town begins. I can't go drive anywhere because I don't know how to get home. The first set of moving trucks gets here tomorrow and I'm supposed to go to work. That should be fun. I hope that I get a full night sleep.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very pretty site! Keep working. thnx!
»