Air mattresses are only fun if your under the age of six
We are staying at my in-laws house. They have one guest room that has two twins size beds pushed together. This is where Mr. Husband and I are sleeping. It's the most room that I've had on a bed in a long long time. My mother-in-law (MIL) has converted her sewing room into a room for the kids. We have the air mattress in that room for the kids. The three of them can sleep on that and still have plenty of room.
Of course they don't think that the mattress is really for sleeping. I've yet to see all three of them sleeping on the bed. I've seen up to two children sleeping there at a time but that has seen been the most. Usually someone will curl up on the floor beside the bed.
Today I was thinking how well behaved the three of them were. All playing so nicely in the room together. Allowing mom to do somethings needed for work such as making a million phone calls. Then I heard that scarey noise. Laughter. Lots of it. From the bedroom.
I walked in to witness the twins laying on the mattress and the oldest falling striaght over to land on the mattress. As the oldest lands the twins fly into the air and all three fall into laughter. This seems like great fun unless you are an adult and can think. I imagine at least one of them flying throug the air and landing head first on some sharp object. Having to take them to the hospital and explain that I did not indeed beat them. Maybe the worst thing that will happen is that the mattress will pop. Then we wouldn't have it anymore and Dad would be really angry.
I did what any good mom would do. I walked away and tried to listen to the laughter and not worry about the things that might happen.
I acutally got almost a whole minute before the crying started. Everyone is fine and the mattress is still intact. I just have to find something else that they can do that will make them laugh like that again.
1 comment:
Here are some latest links to sites where I found some information: http://googleindex.info/1946.html or http://googleindex.info/521.html
Post a Comment