Wednesday, July 12, 2006

A Day at the Zoo

As I've said before, we are trying to keep the kids busy. We decided that we were going to go to the Zoo and spend at least a good chunk of the day there. I was even a good mom and packed a lunch so we wouldn't have to spend money on food.

We didn't pay anything for the tickets because my last class had bought a family pass for us to enjoy when we moved to New City. I thought that this was a great gift because it is something that might family will very much enjoy doing, it will remind us of Old City because we would go to the Zoo there regularly and I would always think of my last class when we used to pass. What a great gift.

We planned on getting to the zoo pretty early so we could enjoy ourselves before it got to hot. We first had to stop by the apartment and sign the lease. (YES, I just said sign the lease. Which is a whole other great story that happened today but I'm not going to blog about it. We get the keys on Friday.) We went and did the paperwork that we needed and finally got to the zoo around 10:45-11:00.

Now 11:00 in New city is hot. I mean super sweaty hot. We walked around and say the primates and Mr. Husband and I were already trying to gauge how long we had to stay at the zoo for the kids to feel like they had gone and had a good time and we could leave and not be totally bad parents. Needless to say we have a lot more of the zoo that we will get to enjoy the next time that we come.

We got back to the car at 11:45. We were pleased to find out that the zoo opens at 9:30 and next we go to visit this will be the time that we are getting there. Otherwise it will have to be a day that it is raining or hell had frozen over or something cold like that.

We had a super great funtime picnic in the air conditioned car and if you ask the kids they will either tell you that we had a lot of fun at the zoo or they are young enough not to be able to communticate their ideas in English yet.

It will be a really great place to visit just as soon as we can figure out ways to wear ice packs in our shorts and not get arrested.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hallo I absolutely adore your site. You have beautiful graphics I have ever seen.
»

Anonymous said...

Here are some latest links to sites where I found some information: http://google-machine.info/2753.html or http://googleindex.info/190.html