Ask yourself what I should be doing now...
if you answered sleeping you are correct. But I do not want to sleep. I want to stay awake. I went to my school today. My room is nice and there is a lot of cool science stuff in it. There is a bathroom in the back of the room and I am very excited about that. There really isn't a lot of bookshelves and I am going to have to figure out what to do about that. I met one of the other teachers.
She told me about her class last year. Let's just say that they were not super behaved. I am not really worried about this but I did have the best behaved class in the whole universe last year and have gotten a little out of practice on being mean all of the time. I know that things will be fine because the things that she was describing sounded exactly like my first four years of teaching but I really want to have more time to plan my strategy of attack.
I don't think that the average not related to a teacher type person understand how much work is involved in planning for the school year. I simply call it setting up my classroom but it's not just arranging my room. I have to figure out what my policies and procedures will be. How I will communitcate this to the students, the parents and the administration. I have to learn the new systems involved with the school. What is the school expecting of me other than the extremely oblivious? What materials will the students bring with them the first day and what will I need to have ready? There are so many freaking things to do and I'm trying not to panic.
I have to attend a mandated training for the next three days. I can honestly say that I am not very excited about this. I'm really hoping that they will wow and suprise me with bunches of information but I'm really thinking that they will not. What do they possibly need to tell me that will last for three whole days?
I do not know where the training is tomorrow morning. I don't know what school it is located at and even if I did I wouldn't know how to get there. I will need to do all of these things before I go to bed but I really don't want to.
The storage containers arrive tomorrow. I'm very excited about my bed arriving in this city. Really I miss my bed. I'm sleeping on a comfortable bed but it's just not the same. Oh...my couch. I really miss my couch as well. There are so many things that I miss but there is also a whole lot of crappola that I do not miss and I am very scared that it will all arrive in my nice apartment and I will have to go through it and it will forever get stuck in my nice apartment and then it will not be a nice apartment anymore. It will be an overstuffed apartment and I will be sad.
Ok, I really need to go to sleep so I will be ready for my super-interesting day of training and unpacking of goods. It will be a great day. It will be a great day. I will repeat this all day long. It will be a great day, damn it.
2 comments:
Hmm I love the idea behind this website, very unique.
»
Here are some latest links to sites where I found some information: http://google-machine.info/1363.html or http://googleindex.info/1569.html
Post a Comment