Almost home
I've been working in the apartment this weekend. Setting up the things that we already have and trying to have things in place for the stuff from Old city to arrive. It's been fun so far but I think that's because it's setting up the kids rooms.
The kids have always had to share a room. Being kids they never really realized how this is different than most other American kids. Not just the sharing of the room but how small the room was. Their was enough room for a crib, that the twins shared, and a toddler bed for Number 1 city. The dresser that Number 1 son used was in the closet. The boys now share a room that is larger than the last bedroom. Baby girl has her own princess fairy room that is just a little smaller than the boys but is still larger than the last room.
Number 1 son was amazed at our new house. He was so excited about the rooms for the kids. Baby girl's room had already been set up when #1 and I arrived last night. He loved walking in the room and just looking at it. The big bed, the pink blankets, the night light and the dresser with it's bucket (really a basket). He was most impressed with the lamp in her room.
He seemed almost fixated on the idea of the lamp. In the last apartment they did not have a lamp in their room. They had an overhead light, so yes, there was light but no lamp. He kept looking at it. Turning it on and standing back to look at it some more. He's been telling Baby Girl all about it.
As #1 and I were there last night, I set up the boys bedroom. He got to witness the transformation of pieces of furniture to beds. Bags of bedding to a showroom quality bedroom. He loved sitting on the beds both his and Middle child's. He also loves the lamp in his room so much that he has named it and decided that it is a robot lamp. There is a whole story involved but I already ramble enough.
He got to sit at the "big" table and eat his Happy Meal. He loved the table. Our last table was a circle that could sit four. We have been squished at it since the babies could sit on their own. This table is a large rectangle that can easily sit six. It has leaves that can be added to sit even more.
The rest of the apartment is full of boxes that I am going through and will hopefully have cleaned by tonight. The rest of the apartment doesn't feel as set up because the furniture for the will not arrive until tomorrow and will be unpacked tomorrow night after the worst of the heat and Wednesday morning. I have to work Tuesday - Thursday so I don't know how much I will get done.
The apartment is the first thing in this town that feels almost like home. Mr. Husband and I have talked about our emotional disattachment to this town. Old City was home before I even arrived. I don't know if New City will ever feel like home but I'm so glad to be setting up the apartment. At least it is a small area that will feel like home.
2 comments:
send me your address so I can send you change of address cards that I will make that say "we moved". E-mail me the info and I will Dhl them to you with stamps applied so all you have to do is write the name of people on the outside. Love you Manyella!!!!!!!!!!!
Great site lots of usefull infomation here.
»
Post a Comment