Saturday, June 10, 2006

Please don't teach my children these things

Dear Parent from the park,

Your daughter seems like a nice enough little girl. She was bossy and ordered my son around but she is young and I'm sure that it's just part of the age. She called him by some name other than his own and took his car toy and wouldn't give it back but she kept him busy so I could chase the twinnies around and make sure that they didn't kill themselves.

You wanted to leave and your daughter wouldn't go. Please don't just go to your truck and scream for her to follow you. It really sets a bad example for my children. Don't try to bribe her with promises of soda. Don't continue to scream for five minutes about how you needed to go get Daddy and that you promise to come right back to the park after you get him. And truley, don't get so angry that you send your teenage child marching from the truck to the park to pick up the girl after ten minutes of yelling only to have the small child try to break her way out of the truck by hitting on the glass.

This really isn't what I'm trying to teach my children. When she wouldn't come the first time. Just come and get her. It really saves everyones time and sanity.

Yes, I was the slightly crazy parent that called my son over to me at the swings just to make sure that he would still listen to me during all of this. Yes, he did come the minute that I called and he did ask me what I wanted in a nice and respectful way. Yes, I would do all of that again and I'm sure that I will have too as my other children get older.

So please, don't act like that at the park. I don't want my children to learn these kind of things.


Thank you,

Danielle

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks nice! Awesome content. Good job guys.
»