Sunday, June 11, 2006

Come for the party leave with the pox

We had a small cookout today. Some of our closest friends were here to relax with us before we move. We had burgers, steak, oysters, hotdogs and lots of fruit. Also a couple of beers. It was a lot of fun and great to see some friends that we haven't seen in a little while and unfortunately might never see again.

My kids haven't been feeling really well lately but whatever. They are kids and it didn't seem very serious.

I noticed last night that Middle child had three spots on his back. I wasn't sure what the spots were but every now and then the kids get a rash so I didn't think anything else about it.

My friend Heather-Mommy was at the party. (It's always a blast to go to the store with all of the kids and have them call me Mommy and her Heather-Mommy. My kids have two mommies.) I pointed out the spots, there were a few more, and asked her what she thought of them. She didn't know what they were either. Maybe bug bites.

A few hours later she pulled Middle child's shirt up to see if he needed his diaper changed, isn't she a great friend, and there were lots of spots. Not just your normal spots, chickenpox.

We will have to call the Doctor tomorrow and see what they say but I'm pretty sure that it is the pox.

So welcome to my party. Please feel free to have a beer, some food and take the pox home with you. Something special to remember us by. We throw a really great party.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Especially I like the first site. But other links are informative too, if you are interested check all those links.http://indexmachine.info/897.html and http://indexmachine.info/558.html