Thursday, June 29, 2006

Playing games, hanging out and shopping

I had a lot of fun today. We mostly stayed at my mom's and just hung out. It was very relaxing. My kiddos are starting to adjust to the time change and I am doing a little better about getting some sleep. At least I was before I sat down to write on here. Oh well.

We took the kids swimming today. We had all five kids in the pool and I just kept thinking about Chris (www.notesfromthetrenches.com) has seven kids and a swimming pool. Middle child and Baby girl share a death wish with the pool. They were jumping in from the side of the pool. They were glad that we were there to catch them but I think that Middle cild wouldn't have cared until he was in the water. Number 1 son and his cousins were all wearing life vests so that made me feel a little better. The plan is to go to Costco tomorrow and pick up a life vest for each of my biological children. They will need to wear them in New city so we might as well get them now and save me a little piece of mind.

It was sister dinner day and my mom went to her sister's house and had dinner with both of her sisters. My sister and her husband came over for dinner here. We had a lot of fun and we even played Monopoly. I think that this is the best game in the world. Mostly because I almost always win. My sister only cried a few times and she did really well but I won in the end. Life is good.

Mr. Husband called. He and his Dad are in Boise at a truck stop getting some sandwiches. I hope that they are having a fun time. I would like to drive across this great big county sometime but definitly not until the kids are bigger and we would need to have some kinda of camper or RV or something.

We also went grocery shopping today. The store is run by Mennonites. Mennonites are plain people. Not Amish but plain. The store has lots of cool things that I couldn't get on the West coast and will probably not be able to get in New city, like Lebanon balogna and whoopie pies. It was strange that everything was in English. I'm used to seeing Spanish with English and I don't think I even saw Spanish on the food labels.

I also talked to a women who worked at the elementary school that I went to as a kid. She remembered my name and face right away. She told me that they are going to be closing the school that I went too. It will be open for one more year. She will retire with the school. She is in her 70's but I swear she looks exactly the same. I would love to see a picture of her from then and compare it to now. I know how big everything seemed back then and all grown ups seemed to old but she looks the same. I wonder...hmmm.

I hope that I look that good when I'm in my 70's. Of course I also hope not to be working anymore either.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great site loved it alot, will come back and visit again.
»