Chickenpox and airplanes
Yesterday was crazy. I was the insane woman with three small children who were all sick. I was the one at the back of the plane with the crying child. That was me for over seven hours in the air.
You might recognize me as the woman who was pushing the two strollers straped together, four year old running beside me and a car seat tied to the back of the stroller so it could be drug through the airport. I was the one who didn't let the four year old go to the bathroom because the double stroller wouldn't fit through the door to the girl's bathroom and I wouldn't let my son go to the men's room alone. You may have seen me giving four different medicines to two different babies. Yes the doctor did tell me to give that much medicine to them and no they didn't sleep because of it.
Oh well.
It really came down to spending that time on the airplane or four-five days in a car with them. I'm sorry to all of the people on the airplane but you only had to suffer for a few hours. I would have had to suffer for days. You lose that one.
I am sorry to all the people on the plane about the pox. Baby girl has chickenpox. She only decided that she definitly wanted to get them while we were at 35,000 feet. Before that she just had this little spot that could have been a bug bite. Nope, it's a full on case of the pox. But don't worry. They only recycle the air on the plane so I'm sure that no one else was exposed. You will be fine.
Number 1 son has a few spots all over his body that itch but I'm sure that it's not the pox. He has been vaccinated so he's fine. I'm sure that the little blisters on the spots that look amazingly like Baby girl's little blister pox are not in fact the real chickenpox like Middle child has and Baby girl had. I'm sure that it's not.
Do you know why I'm so sure. I'm so sure because I have to fly again with the children next week. It only makes perfect sence that he would get them while we are on the flight to New city.
So if you were thinking of flying next week, fly at your own risk. I'm going on that plane. I'm sorry if you get the pox but this time you have been warned. And if you really must fly, bring your own air. At least you will be able to hear if I'm on your plane. I'm the crazy one with all of the small crying children but I'm definitly not going in a car with them. You can't make me.
3 comments:
Hey Crazy Lady,
We miss you in Seattle. Red says hi. We're sorry you have the pox on your hands, but I say go for it man! We don't care about the people on the plane. :) I miss you a million billion zillion. I'm glad you liked Superman. Give me a call. Love you!
Dude,
I just forgot to say this, but Sheila's summer school partner is The Dude. He looks like him, he dresses like him, and the only thing wrong is that he goes by Michael Null and not Jeffrey Lebowski. I think he's undercover. This aggression will not stand, man!
Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!
Post a Comment