I'm an obsecure relative
As you know, I'm visiting my mom in the middle of this move. My sister lives in the next town and it's been great to see them both. It's hard to live so far away from my family. Usually my time in this town is solidly booked because so many people want to see me and I have so many things to take care of. That's fine. I know that's how it's going to be.
Tomorrow I will be attending a wedding. My sister's ex-husbands sister is getting married and the kids and I were invited. I like my sister's ex-sister in law and we have gotten along well the few times that we have seen each other but we haven't really had a lot of time to spend with each other. I think that we know each other through stories of each other's lives better than ever actually seeing eachother.
I'm excited about the wedding but it will be strange to explain my connection to the bride. I've thought about just saying that I'm a firend but that is just too easy and I'm just too difficult. I like watching the look on people's faces when I explain the bride and my connection to eachother. People get a little glazed look. As if it's just a little too much information to handle.
In my haste of packing and moving I forgot to bring something with to wear to the wedding. We stopped by Old Navy after the reception dinner. (Yes, we went to that too.) I was looking through their clearance section and found some really cute stuff. I was excited but soon learned that the store was actually supposed to close just after we got there. It closed at 9:00 and we learned this at 9:02. I tried on this really cute shirt in the middle of the store. I just put it over my other shirt. It looked good and I figured that if it looked good with the extra shirt, it would definitly look great without it. I got back to my mom's house and put it on.
Umm...I looked pregnant. Now I am overweight. I can live with that. I eat too much and I do not excercise but I am definitly not pregnant right now. I just couldn't believe how the shirt was cut. I looked really pregnant. Not bad, just pregnant. Now there is nothing wrong with this idea other than I'm not acutually pregnant and choose not to look that way when I am in fact not. My mom walked in and said the same thing. We were just amazed at how badly cut the shirt was when she saw the tag. It's a maternity shirt. Duh. That's what happens when you try to shop after the store closed.
My mom and I looked through her closet and came up with a really cute outfit. I don't even look like I will soon be giving birth to any new humans. At least I hope that I don't look that way. It's going to be tough enough for people to understand how I'm related to the bride. I don't need to start any rumors about having a baby and start all of the great statements that people make when they find out that I already have three small children. :) Now that would be a party.
1 comment:
Hey what a great site keep up the work its excellent.
»
Post a Comment