Counting time
I feel like much of my life is just counting the days until something else happens. I am always preparing for the next event.
Today:
-Open tye-dye project and clean all 25 shirts for tomorrow
-Finish report card comment sheets
-Educate children and hope they magically master all state standards today
-Pack apartment
-Pack classroom
Tomorrow:
-Return all of the tye-dye projects
-Say goodbye to 21 small children who will probably never see me again
-Say goodbye to their parents
-Remember that I should have brought a catered lunch and go to Subway instead
Friday:
-Finish packing classroom and turn in keys and security badge
Saturday:
-Have an early birthday party for oldest son and his bestest friend and possibly the neighbor girl if I allow her in the apartment
Sunday:
-Convince husband that he does want to watch the children for several hours while I go to a physic fair with Heather-Mommy and that children really don't go to physic fairs. No they don't!
Monday:
-Panic
-Freak-out
-Take a nap
-Weigh myself and cry because I've gained so much weight eating crappy food
-Panic
-Freak-out again
-Call mom and explain that I am not going to move because it's just too much
-Take kids to park
-Take oldest to doctor visit and have him recieve two shots. HA!
Next week:
-Have everything packed and go on vacation
-Outwardly look calm as three children cry on airplane for 5-8 hours depending on delays
-Remind myself that this is indeed better than spending 5-8 DAYS with them in a car
-Enjoy myself with my family minus husband
-Explain to every one of my relatives why I am moving to Florida
Two weeks:
-Repeat the airplane trick and remind myself about driving across the county with three kids
-Start work
-Find a new place to live
-Protect small animals from my children
-Protect my children from drowning
-Learn new city
-Find affordable, safe day care for the kids
-Enroll oldest child in Kindergarten and try not to cry about it
Three weeks:
-Have a panic attack about everything that has happened in the last three weeks and make a list of when my next vacation will be
I never feel like I get to the point where I get to enjoy myself. Vacation will be fun but still a little stressful. Vacation always is when your parenting partner is away. I am going through a major life change and I don't have time to enjoy it. I have a schedule to adhere too. So sorry I don't have time to say goodbye to you, I don't have time to explain for the 1,000,000th time why I'm moving, and I don't have time to cry. I just don't. It's not on the schedule. Maybe next month.
1 comment:
i love you stinky head. you will be okay ;)
Post a Comment