Sunday, October 29, 2006

Feeling crafty

While I was spending time with my Mom, I noticed how much more Halloween was celebrated than in New City. In Pennsylvania, where my mom is, you have the changing of the leaves and the cooler weather but you also have people wearing Halloween prints, houses decorated and pumpkins. I haven't seen those things in New City at all.

Today I was on a mission to find some Pumpkins. Of course the only place that I could find them was at Walmart and I HATE Walmart. But I needed those pumpkins. Only to arrive there and find that there are only five left and they are at the bottom of these giant boxes and they are not pretty in any way. Not to mention that they were $3 each. AHHH!! I'm used to getting them from the farm that they were grown at. This was a traumatic experience for me.

#1 Son and I survived the experience and bought some supplies for decorating. You really can't carve them here and expect them to last more than a day because of the heat. We bought flowers, ribbons and cotton puff balls.

Here's the one that I made. This is a gift for my Mother-in-law. I'd say it was a little corny but that isn't correct. It's a little gourdy.

No comments: