Ghetto toys, for girls, for boys!!!
One of my children's most fought over toys is a hubcap. Yes, I'll say it again. One of their favorite toys is a hubcap. I never imagined that I would try to end fights by yelling, "Give your sister back the hubcap. She had it first." That I would send a child to time-out because they wouldn't share a hubcap.
It is a very nice hubcap as far as hubcaps go. It was given to the kids by my neighbor Joe. He saw it at a yard sale and thought that the kids would like it. It's a VW hubcap and I am amazed at the millions to ways that it can be used. Need a pretend bed for your teddy bear? Use a hubcap. What can we bake a pretend cake in? Why... let's us the hubcap. I'm pretending that I have a helmet on. Yes, a hubcap works well.
I never thought that this would be the kind of thing that my children would play with. I don't really know what I thought they would play with but a hubcap was definitely not on the list. Legos, books, dolls and hotwheels are all great, traditional toys but we have the hubcap.
Yesterday we stopped by the store on the way home. I noticed that the packets of pepperoni were listed at $2.99. Each of the packets also had $2.00 off stickers on them. I thought that this was a wonderful price. I'd pay $1.00 for a packet of pepperoni. We picked up two packs and finished our shopping and went to check out. The pepperoni scanned at $1.25. They then scanned the $2.00 dollar off coupon and paid us $.75 to take it with us. Really. They paid us to take it with us.
I'm supper cheap so we had to go back to the store today on the way home. I just had to see if there was still packets left and if they would pay me to take more. Well today they didn't pay me, they figured that part out but I did come home with 8 packs of free pepperoni.
We were in the car on the way home and the kids were mad and wanted something to play with. I didn't know what to give them but wait... I have a grocery bag just full of pepperoni. What did I do? Of course, I gave them each a pack to play with. They had so much fun. Throwing there 'Roni in the air. Licking the plastic. Playing hide the 'Roni. Where did it go? Fun was had by all and Mr. Husband and I were glad for the quiet.
I think that the hubcap may have some competition!!!



5 comments:
I love you Blog, if you wrote about me more it might be better. But I love those bobble headed little midglets so much it is nice to see what you are thinking too.
Hi,
This is Tobie from BZ. I just have to say I love this entry and the one about the clay. I was laughing out loud here at work. My husband thinks I'm nuts sitting here laughing (I'm sitting next to him trying to get him to leave work!). You write so wonderfully!
Interesting site. Useful information. Bookmarked.
»
I find some information here.
Post a Comment