Sunday, June 04, 2006

Coming out of the writers closet

I have always wanted to be a writer. I have also always had a reason why this could never be.

I'm too busy with work and children. I can't spell and really just don't care about the rules of grammer. I'm not good at it.

Really the truth is that I'm lazy and scared.

If I actually take the time to write and allow other people to read it, they might not like it. I might be all alone in this gigantic internet that spans the world and not a single person would want to hear what I have to say.

Now the very few times in my life that I have actually allowed myself to write, I get pretty good at. I enjoy reading my work and it makes me laugh. Occasionally I will write something and be amazed that I could actually write something that sounded so good.

Most of the things that I write are not that good. They are boring accounts of everyday life. But just maybe I will get better with practice. Maybe I will sit here and type funny and interesting things in my life that others would want to hear. That they would have to hear. My voice wouldn't be alone in the world. I could offer support and understanding to the millions of other women in the world that are living lives just like mine. At the very least, I will have tried.

I want my children not to be afraid to try things. I want them not to live with these same fears. I try to act brave and cool and good all the time that I am around them because I want them to have a great role model. I have to stop making excuses and start taking some chances.

So here I am world. I'm coming out of the writing closet.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are just being stupid!!!!!!!!!!! The only person who ever thought that you weren't good enough was your self. You are to hard on yourself. If only more people were open to the fact that we are all creative beings then maybe we would stop trying to blow each other up, not just with bombs but with words too. I say fear is the little voice in your head of all the nasty people that you have ever encountered, negative comments that eat you up when you thought had "digested" them. Never fear, the Muppet fan is here!!!! Just remember the Rainbow connection( have you been 1/2 asleep and have you heard voices?I've heard them calling my name, is it the sweet voice that called the young sailors? I think there one and the same. I've heard it too many times to ignore it, there's something that i'm supposed to be. Some day we'll find it the rainbow connection, the lovers the dreamers and me).And don't forget.... Lifes like a movie wright your own ending, keep believing keep pretending. Anyway if you feel called to do this (like me too, stinky head) then do it.And remember spell check and Grammer check work very weel.And if you need someone to read over it, just let me know!!!!!!!!!!! I consume the written word as if it were sweeet Pepermint candy

Anonymous said...

You are a great writer! Like I posted before, I really loved reading your entries! Keep it up!

Anonymous said...

Very pretty site! Keep working. thnx!
»

Anonymous said...

Your are Excellent. And so is your site! Keep up the good work. Bookmarked.
»

Anonymous said...

Especially I like the first site. But other links are informative too, if you are interested check all those links.http://google-index.info/879.html and http://google-machine.info/2743.html