Updates on my 40 by 40.
It's amazing how much of this I have already competed. Somethings on the list would not be listed if i wrote them today. Travel is a great goal but expensive. Some are things that are important to me but may take more time then I have. Such as the instrument and learning a language. It's nice to review this list and write out what I have already accomplished or our already actively working on. I used to have this printed out and on the wall in my room but it's been in a drawer since the move.
1. Get a masters degree. I don't care what it is in. Completed June, 2013
2. Reach a healthy BMI and maintain it.
3. Have at least three sets of matching underwear and bras that are in the size that fit me.
4. Keep my room as clean as I want the kids to have theirs. Maintain this for at least three months in a row. Completed 2012
5. Keep body hair shaved, trimmed or maintained in the fashion that is socially appropriate for at least 3 months. This includes legs, armpits and eyebrows.
6. Find and wear a comfortable pair of shoes that are both stylish and accepted by boss. Currently work at home. Not sure about the stylish part but I'm going with comfortable these days.
7. Always have at least one Tye-dye shirt that is in a state that it could be worn out of the house. Holes are not allowed except for accommodating body parts. On-going success
8. Have all Christmas gifts both bought and wrapped before Christmas eve. Go to bed at a reasonable time for waking up way to early to shred the paper off.
9. Knit or crochet a sweater.
10. Knit or crochet a hat. Completed 2012
11. Organize my closet and freecycle that I do not fit or will never wear. On-going success
12. Pair shoes together and dispose of shoes that I will never wear or do not have partners and organize the shoes in some sort of system.
13. Cook full Thanksgiving dinner including giant turkey, many traditional sides and deserts. Even if it is not for Thanksgiving day. Just the act of doing it.
14. Bake an apple pie and make the crust from scratch.
15. Learn to balance work and family in a way that allows me to come home and see my children on a nightly basis. Currently successful
16. Improve current health conditions and go to the doctor when I have concerns. Ongoing
17. Go to the dentist every six months for at least two years in a row. Working on this
18. Have another baby or reach a place in my life where I'm comfortable with not having another one. I'm going to change this to just have another baby. I either get to do it or not. Surgical procedure in 2012 makes this impossible. Have reached a point of acceptance.
19. Take at least one Karate class.
20. Take a Yoga class. Does not count to do it in my own home with the television unless technology evolves to the point where I will have a personal trainer over the television.
21. Meditate every day for at least 10 minutes for at least two weeks in a row. Does not count while sitting in traffic.
22. Learn to play an instrument.
23. Learn how to drive around the city that I am living in without having to rely on a map for a simple trip out. Working on this. I can go out without a map for a simple trip in the town that I live in but still need maps for much of the sounding area.
24. Get Finances under control and have an acceptable amount of debt. Such as car payment/house payment. Working on this
25. Write thank you cards for a major holiday or event. Did this for one event but I'm trying to be better about this overall.
26. Have a family portrait taken, framed and hung on wall in apartment. Completed 2012
27. Visit Amsterdam.
28. Return to London and visit all of the places that I took for granted.
29. Go on a major vacation with my Mom and Sister. Major does not have to mean expensive but can not include regularly scheduled house visits. Children optional. Husbands really optional. Completed 2009
30. Explore the paranormal in a controlled way.
31. Add recipe cards to my box and include notes so that the children can use them when they are older. On-going
32. Return to Ukraine.
33. Take dance lessons with Mr. Husband. Doesn't have to be something fancy.
34. Take at least one new picture everyday for at least 1 month.
35. Color hair in not from nature color. Forgive self for doing this. Completed
36. Take my medicine everyday.
37. Learn a foreign language. Really learn it and not just stuff like, "where is the bathroom?"
38. Get at least 1 more tattoo.
39. Keep all the pieces together for the games and puzzles. Even if I have to hide them from the kids when they are not in use. Completed 2012
40. Publish a book.
1 comment:
This is the best 40 before 40 list I've ever seen. So real, so honest. #3 and #5 cracked me up! As I get somewhat giddy when I have matching sets on. These days I'll settle for a black bra and undies as matching and I still think "Awww yeah!" And #5!!! I tried one summer to shave my legs once a week. It lasted 3-4 weeks and then I got lazy again.
Post a Comment