Baseball
Since moving to Long Island, the kids and I have become involved with our town's soccer club. For the past two years, I have coached and the three children have played in the sun, snow, and rain. Middle Child loved being part of a team but didn't feel a real connection to running and paying attention for long spans of time. This summer he asked to play baseball.
I love baseball. It's the only professional sport that I occasionally watch. I played softball for years when I was growing up. I've waited and hoped that one of the kids would like baseball or softball.
I love baseball. It's the only professional sport that I occasionally watch. I played softball for years when I was growing up. I've waited and hoped that one of the kids would like baseball or softball.
He is still learning so much but he loves it.
The league he is currently playing on is a great starting place. The coaches are great. They are there to help the kids and will let them try different positions.
Such as trying out being a catcher. Even if they know that it's your first game and you don't actually know how to catch a ball yet. They let him try. They tell him how to do it. They are patient and instruct him. He caught for two batters, got up, and told the coach, "I don't think catching is for me." They smiled and sent him to the outfield. He loves it out there.
He has three more games this season and is already asking about which league he will join next.
No comments:
Post a Comment