Monday, April 06, 2009

Yesterday

Yesterday went very well. We went to Grandma's house and hung out for a little while. We took the kids to an Easter Egg hunt at this Historic village place. The kids were hilarious because they could see the eggs laying all over the place but they couldn't touch them because it wasn't time to start yet.

Middle Child fell in love with this little pink egg and started to cry that he couldn't put it in his basket. The kids had a chance to be in an egg and spoon race. #1 Son was not aggressive enough a some pretty little southern girls kicked his butt. He dropped the egg half way through the race and then picked it up again and finished with the guts of the egg spilling out of the side of the spoon. Middle Child cried again because he didn't get to race with an egg. Then the Easter Bunny showed up and Middle Child cried some more because he was sure that they Bunny would take his beloved egg. Middle Child and Little Girl got to race with their eggs but not until Middle Child broke his before it started. (They gave him a new one.) Finally it was time to hunt the eggs. Middle Child got his beloved egg and a whole bunch more. #1 Son did not get as many as he could have but only because he was made to follow the rules and wait until they told him to start.

We went out to dinner and I was served a meal smothered in white gravy. I didn't realize that even carrots would come with gravy. :) (Not really but everything else was.)

Went back to grandma's house and had a small birthday party for PaPa. By then no one was really hungry but the kids did a good job of eating the cake.

Hugs, kisses and back to sleep.

We will be leaving for New Orleans in just over an hour. I am very much looking forward to this part of the trip. I've always wanted to go but never thought that I would make it.

I should go now. I've stolen enough time away for now. Besides, I'm sitting the lobby of the hotel, just beside the front door, wearing my pajamas. I don't think Texas is ready for me yet.

No comments: