Sunday, April 19, 2009

I'm doin'

Surgery went very well. I have been recovering much better than I thought I would. No swelling. No bleeding. Very little pain.

I have some discomfort at the back of my mouth but nothing compared to the pain I had felt for a week. I have a strange taste in my mouth. I am having some side effects from the pain medicine and anti-biotic that I am taking.

I return to work tomorrow and have a doctor's check up tomorrow afternoon.

Eating has been interesting because I have to concentrate what part of my mouth I am chewing with and have to make sure that there is no food stuck in the wholes where my teeth had been. The finding food in the wholes part has by far been the most difficult and strangest part of this whole deal. I was afraid to dig around in there with my tongue at first but I think that there could be more danger from the food that I find in there than from my tongue exploring.

I feel like I have so much room in the back of my mouth now. It is simply amazing to me. I can reach my back teeth to clean them now. Something that I could not do for a long time. Funny what an impact your teeth have on you.

No comments: