Sunday, October 19, 2008

For you

Life is so busy lately. It's one of those busy times when nothing seems to get done.

I did take time this weekend to just hang out with the kids. We went to a dinner party that was hosted by a friend from work. I let the kids wear their Halloween costumes. It was not a costume party. Not even a Halloween party but why not? Why wait for just one night to wear something that they love so much?

After the party we stopped at a road side "pumpkin patch." Pumpkins do not just grow down here and they erect large tents and lay out pumpkins of different sizes. Kinda like a Christmas tree stand. I liked that they laid out straw. It gave it more of a real feeling. That is if you could look past the shorts that people were wearing, the glare of traffic as it whizzed by or the drunk man that just wanted to talk to people as he walked down the road.

Little girl was so busy that this was the best picture that I could get of her. She is constantly in motion these days. She has a Batgirl dress over some Halloween clothing. Notice the long sleeve T-shirt. It was only in the low 80's. Don't want to get cold.
#1 Son is his typical self. He had taken off his costume by this point. He will be a transformer but it's one of those really tight costumes that you can't really figure out what he is but you know it's not a regular outfit. He's already managed to tear the seems from where the top and the bottom attached to each other. I'll have to sew that tomorrow.


Middle Child wanted to go grocery shopping with me today. He asked if he could wear his costume. Again, why not? Does it really bother someone when a 3 year old dresses up at Batman in the grocery store. I did tell him that he couldn't wear the mask. People might think he was there to rob the place.

Just as we were leaving, Little Girl decided that she needed to come with us. Which was fine by me but she still had her pajamas on. She got dresses quickly and Middle Child and I went outside to wait. Middle wanted to sit on the steps something that I never really let him do. Not only are they usually dirty but we are usually in too much of a rush for me to just be patient and let him walk up and down the stairs.


I want more time with my kids. I want more time at my home. I keep saying that I'm going to leave work earlier so that I can be home. Some days I can do it but most I'm still lost in my world of work and shocked when I look up at the clock and see how late it is. Something that I'm still working on.

No comments: