My job as a teacher
This year has been so much better for me. Kindergarten is where I am supposed to be. I'm putting in long hours which isn't so much fun but I'm really on top of things so far this year. I'm also making sure that I save things as I go along. This is something that I've never done before because why save things to throw them away at the end of the year when you move to a different room and different position?
My students are very low academically. Some of them had never held a pencil, colored with crayons and cut with a pair of scissors. I had heard of this and believed it but it's still hard to even comprehend. One of my student has such little exposure to life that it actually makes me sick to think about. It's as if no one has even talked to her. She knows less words than my student that is just learning English for the first time.
I have the lowest performing class of the four kindergartens that we have. I also have high expectations and the students are already starting to reach and meet them. I just have to keep on pushing and pushing.
Here is a clip for you to watch. It's a little over 8 minutes long but it's really worth it.
2 comments:
I, am proud of you. I, am proud of your dedication to teaching. I, am proud of your empathetic nature. I, am proud of you.
What she said, Blog damn you, blog!!!
Post a Comment