Captured poetry
Lately I've been thinking in poetry. Only that's the only place it stays. I'm never anywhere with paper when this happens. My phone is always dead when I have things just right. The poems are lost inside my head.
They all sound so right in my thoughts but I've often wondered if they would still be any good on paper.
I've been more reflective lately. Thinking a lot. A real lot. I believe part of the reason is that I'm spending so much time with very young children. Trying to teach them so many different thing in such a short amount of time. I have to go back to such a basic sort of thinking to remember how it is that I learned any of the things that I'm trying to teach.
I have some time when I am in my car, weaving in and out of traffic. My mind wonders to other things. The clouds talk to me and tell me stories. Only not really because that would be crazy.
The moon has been fascinating. But I'm mostly intrigued with the weather and incoming storms that never deliver. I'm not complaining about that fact but it does border on obsession at times when I can sit at the computer and check the weather channel.
Poetry has come back to me at different times and it's arrival usually is accompanied by music. Especially my desire to create it and my frustration at my inability. Mr. Husband is not the best teacher of the violin. He plays beautifully but can not seem to share that ability with me. I've gotten better at asking for help. It's only taken me about 12 years to do this. Mr. Husband taped my violin for me and showed me a basic scale. I'm screechy but at least it's making me happy.
I'm sleeping a lot. I mean a lot! I can easily sleep 12 hours and need a nap. I'm falling asleep at dinner, while reading and during conversations. I can usually fall asleep within minutes when I put my mind too it but this is different. The inability to stay awake is new when not accompanied by pregnancy or mono. I know that I'm not currently pregnant and I'm much more awake and aware during the day than during a mono relapse.
Enough rambling for now.
1 comment:
Mono relaspse does suck majorly.
Post a Comment